Active Topics

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You might want to re-install the messaging components once and for all to prevent any doubts from that part...

There are .db files for tracker too in /home/user/.config/tracker/ You might want to use sqllite to investigate the .db files the next time this issue pops up...
And how can I do that reinstallation? Sorry if it's an obvious question xD
Great, database files those will be good exercises for college xD

Anyways, I've only noticed now the amount of errors I've been typing... I feel such a noob ..
I usually am a Grammar Nazi myself, so yea D:
But it's 08:37AM and I haven't slept, so I'm guessing I can have a tiny discount? ^^"

Anyways, thanks for all the help so far

Later,
Chinoman10.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
No probs

To re-install all messaging components in terminal as root do:

Code:
apt-get install messaging-ui --reinstall
apt-get install messaging-ui-settings-398 --reinstall
apt-get install libmessaging0 --reinstall
apt-get install libmessagingwidgets0 --reinstall
You can also do all of the above in one go:

Code:
apt-get install messaging-ui messaging-ui-settings-398 libmessaging0 libmessagingwidgets0 --reinstall
In messaging-ui-settings-398, the 398 is your PR legacy as I could infer from your fw version...For example global fw will be messaging-ui-settings-001...

If you want to upgrade to pr1.3 the best method is doing a clean full flash instead of OTA updates as there is a high likelihood of more things going wrong in the OTA update from pr1.2 to pr1.3...

Let me know of any errors from the reinstallation above...

Edit: If you do a full clean flash to update to pr1.3, I would suggest flashing to the global pr legacy 001 firmware instead of the same pr legacy as your current one...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-17 at 07:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
No probs

To re-install all messaging components in terminal as root do:

Code:
apt-get install messaging-ui --reinstall
apt-get install messaging-ui-settings-398 --reinstall
apt-get install libmessaging0 --reinstall
apt-get install libmessagingwidgets0 --reinstall
You can also do all of the above in one go:

Code:
apt-get install messaging-ui messaging-ui-settings-398 libmessaging0 libmessagingwidgets0 --reinstall
In messaging-ui-settings-398, the 398 is your PR legacy as I could infer from your fw version...For example global fw will be messaging-ui-settings-001...

If you want to upgrade to pr1.3 the best method is doing a clean full flash instead of OTA updates as there is a high likelihood of more things going wrong in the OTA update from pr1.2 to pr1.3...

Let me know of any errors from the reinstallation above...

Edit: If you do a full clean flash to update to pr1.3, I would suggest flashing to the global pr legacy 001 firmware instead of the same pr legacy as your current one...
I'm familiar/work with Linux, so I do know "a few" ways around it
It's just that, like I said, I haven't explored my phone enough to know which processes there are, except the ones I see at "top" and so on..

Anyways, a few more questions before doing anything of what you've been saying since the beginning of the thread (I'll start doing them as things aggravate, except perhaps the upgrade to PR1.3):
1. Luckily I never needed to flash the phone, and I've been trying to prevent it from bricking, so I've been very careful in the things I do .
1.1. Why do you consider the OTA updates more likely to produce problems? I prefer these since they're made specifically for w/e I have, or where I am.. If you know what I mean... I don't want to have the "Russian ROM's" problems and stuff that my friends at college have to deal with every month when they want to update their Android (always told them: That's why I love Nokia, I have full permissions, no need for jailbreak, not forcing a ROM into the phone , no viruses (so far), etc...).
1.2. Can you point me into a tutorial to flash to PR1.3, 001 legacy? I've seen a few around the forum, but I usually see "reset flash" to go back to 1.1...

Once again, thanks for everything so far ,
Chinoman10.

PS: I've been thanking all your posts on this thread, not because I like to "spam thanks" or anything else, rather it's just that you've been helping since the beginning, so I feel like the least I could do it a quick press to the Thanks button (at least it doesn't ask if you're really sure, like my forum T_T)

Last edited by Chinoman10; 2012-09-17 at 07:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chinoman10 For This Useful Post:
See the issue with OTA updating from pr1.2 to pr1.3 is that pr1.3 was quite a major bug-fixing update so the likelihood of bugs remaining due to a clean upgrade not being performed increases...

The more serious issue with the OTA is that there have been people who while doing an OTA update have suddenly found their device to be in open mode at the end of the process due to no fault of their own...

Read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693 for the guide on flashing...

The Russian ROM problem you mentioned won't happen when flashing to a Global FW due to the Global fw simply being a clean pr1.3 fw without any localization done...Its also without pre-loaded maps of your region so you will need to download them once the flash is done and your device is operational...The main advantage with Global FW is that whenever there is a new update [albeit pr1.3.1 or pr1.4 still seem some time away and will be the last one] you'll be among the first people to receive it...Since Global FW doesn't have any localization done; the probabilities of something messing your system due to different pre-loaded apps/services is significantly lowered...

Do take note that the n9 is not like your typical Symbian handset whereby you can downgrade firmware...How you saw reset flash to pr1.1 is something I'm not too sure about as its well-publicised that you can't downgrade...

So if you are on pr1.2 the only options you have when flashing are:

- Stick to the same pr legacy of 398 in pr1.2

- Flash to a higher pr legacy than 398 in pr1.2

- Flash to any pr legacy in pr1.3

The problem with flashing pr1.3 legacy 398 is that you can't downgrade to pr1.3 legacy < 398 but flashing with global fw of legacy 001 leaves you open to flash whatever you may want in the future including a flash to pr1.3 legacy 398...

Hope the above clarifies things...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-17 at 08:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Dude, the problem has nothing to do with tracker, neither these commands, because if you reflash, reboot or whatever, it will stay the same, just try a lot of times.. It will get fixed by itself, first time it took 12 hrs for the message from my Aunt to come.. Then 1 hr for the message from my friend to come, then 30 minutes for the other message from my Aunt to come.. then it worked, just try it a couple of times..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Dude, the problem has nothing to do with tracker, neither these commands, because if you reflash, reboot or whatever, it will stay the same, just try a lot of times.. It will get fixed by itself, first time it took 12 hrs for the message from my Aunt to come.. Then 1 hr for the message from my friend to come, then 30 minutes for the other message from my Aunt to come.. then it worked, just try it a couple of times..

Genius

Did you move your messages from your N900 to your N9?

Genius
Seriously I had the issue, a reflash didn't fix that either, this one fixed it for me..

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Seriously I had the issue, a reflash didn't fix that either, this one fixed it for me..
AMD your phone has been certified Alien-infested even in the N9QTweak thread and not only by me...

Then why bother?

AMD your phone has been certified Alien-infested even in the N9QTweak thread and not only by me...

Then why bother?
Another person had the issue, you say I don't read.. Go check the thread! He has the same f-ing issue!