Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Let's hope for it. Just remember that after 10minutes just open the oven, don't touch. Don't touch it, just let it cool for another 20minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by johnb543 View Post
Ok, I uploaded some pictures from my webcam, sorry for the quality :/
I will post more as I open the phone and after I stick the mother board in the oven for 10 min. maybe that might help the circuit board and sensors ?
Wow... Seriously, nothing happened from the back? That's awesome! If the screen's upper layer is the one that's cracked hopefully it can be fixed.. I hope it works.. Though it's not even near to possible :P

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Wow! Sorry to hear that but it's actually amazing that it survived in one piece! Hope you will be able to recover your data. I'm just curious, did it fall on grass? And what case do you have?
Edit: i just did a little calculation. Your n9 hit the ground at aprox 100km/h!!! And about it's signs of life...it might be hard to revive it. You have to open it and see what's destroyed. Battery could devastate it quite a lot and many connections between chips and mb can be torn apart. As I think of it more I'm pretty sure it's dead for good but I wouldn't throw it away. I would leave it as a memorial to that sad moment and a true test for finish quality.
It hit right on the pavement.. no grass surrounds the area where it fell. Thanks for the info about your calculations of the speed !!! that is really awesome I love Nokia and their last phone Nokia N9. I will try to open it up and post pictures and then decide to stick it in the oven to maybe get some of the chips and sensors circuited again.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnb543 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
if it doesn't look damaged you can try to bring it to the nokia centre
I wish but Nokia doesn't exist in America and I'm pretty sure the warranty doesn't work in europe if I go... its 11 months old anyways. Maybe Palco , but I've dealt with them a couple times for my N900 and last time they charged me for doing nothing to the phone, still came back not working. So i'm hesitant to give my N9 to Palco here in the U.S.

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Wow... Seriously, nothing happened from the back? That's awesome! If the screen's upper layer is the one that's cracked hopefully it can be fixed.. I hope it works.. Though it's not even near to possible :P
Yeah ! Even the camera lens is still intact. And the flash glass cover.

I definitely want to see the insides of it now, this will be epic if it is still alive somehow. For reference, I think we need to drop an iPhone 5 off of the same balcony

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
For reference, I think we need to drop an iPhone 5 off of the same balcony
I'm sure we can find some proud iPhone owner that will say their phone can do better

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
My girlfriends' iPhone 4 looked something like that when dropped from 0,5 meters It is still working though.

Regarding disamble of the N9; My two year old son managed to get hold of my phone when charging and of course he managed to break the flap covering the usb connector. I watched a youtube video how to disamble the N9 and this is the first thing he removes with a single snap when opened. I tried this but it was impossible to remove. I used tools to get a better grip but no luck. Anyone tried to remove this themselves?

The Following User Says Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Wow! Sorry to hear that but it's actually amazing that it survived in one piece! Hope you will be able to recover your data. I'm just curious, did it fall on grass? And what case do you have?
Edit: i just did a little calculation. Your n9 hit the ground at aprox 100km/h!!! And about it's signs of life...it might be hard to revive it. You have to open it and see what's destroyed. Battery could devastate it quite a lot and many connections between chips and mb can be torn apart. As I think of it more I'm pretty sure it's dead for good but I wouldn't throw it away. I would leave it as a memorial to that sad moment and a true test for finish quality.
assuming see level the dimensions and mass on gsmarena and laminar flow . and a drag coefficient of 1.28, the terminal velocity is around 50 km/h or 30 mph

assuming 16 stories is enough to reach that velocity of course.

to OP hows the body, any dents? i have on the corner of mine and my gf's lumia 900 too.

i just bought a new case to replace it for 40 usd

The Following User Says Thank You to deviantv1ral For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deviantv1ral View Post
assuming see level the dimensions and mass on gsmarena and laminar flow . and a drag coefficient of 1.28, the terminal velocity is around 50 km/h or 30 mph

assuming 16 stories is enough to reach that velocity of course.

to OP hows the body, any dents? i have on the corner of mine and my gf's lumia 900 too.

i just bought a new case to replace it for 40 usd
Hahahaaa no ... if you want to get scientific we can. 16th Floors is 160 feet about 50 meters and sea level is 3 feet above sea level since the condo was on the beach. So now how much velocity do you think ? ?

The outter casing (body/outside hardware) has no scratches or dents except from previous drops which all had happened without the soft gel case.