Active Topics

Hey everyone... I noticed some "why isn't this easier" complaints above. Well, remember this ISN'T an update that's posted on the Nokia site yet. I think if you're visiting here it's kind of assumed that you're savier than your average user. Now, when Nokia updates the main support pages, I'm guessing they'll do what they did in December, which was to provide a link to a Windows update utility, and clear instructions. Until then, we might all want to just chill...

Lets see -

You get an update from an opensource dev website with no changelog (or any other mention I found except for mailing list ) install it without question & then gripe about it? Bug reports, share your experiences sure, but if you aren't willing to hang it out a bit, best to wait for official post on Nokia site.

Well, it appears to be something in the "settings" section of the backup that causes the problem. I even tried going back to the last release and loading the backup, and the same result. So, I even tried one back up before that, and same thing. *sigh*

So, I can get most thing, but I do lose all of my newsfeeds. Sadly, that was one of my biggest uses of the device.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Linear2202
Well, it appears to be something in the "settings" section of the backup that causes the problem. I even tried going back to the last release and loading the backup, and the same result. So, I even tried one back up before that, and same thing. *sigh*

So, I can get most thing, but I do lose all of my newsfeeds. Sadly, that was one of my biggest uses of the device.
this is just a guess, but if you had a theme installed, you need to re-install it before restoring.

Originally Posted by zuti
3.2005.51-13
Opera version 8.02 internal, build 1.0.88

5.2006.13-7
Opera version 8.02 internal, build 1.0.88

where did you find that information. I spent about a half hour between meetings today trying to find it.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Midlands, UK
Originally Posted by NokNok770
The one thing I found positive about the update is that I'm able to select multiple files. Only if you start with an unhighlighted file. I'm now able to add multiple mp3s to the audio player by dragging the files. It was a pain adding one by one before.
Umm .. I've not updated yet (I've got the previous version installed) and I can already do that. It all depends, as you say, on you starting pressing&dragging on a non-highlighted file.

Jonathan

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
The update is public now on Nokia's website. No changelog though...

Just updated using Windows wizard. Everything seems fine for now. Backup - Restore went good, no problem with the clock.

Originally Posted by 9a6or
The update is public now on Nokia's website. No changelog though...
Version on Nokias's website is 5.2006.13-17.
Version on maemo website is 5.2006.13-7.

Do I need to update again?

No problems with my upgrade either.
I didn't bother with a backup/restore as all my data was on the the mmc card, and out of the many programs that I had installed, I only really use one and that's vnc viewer.
So it took me less than 5 minutes to set everything back up again after the upgrade.

So far, I haven't noticed that much different. I've had one lock up with the browser which required a reboot. Is it just me, or does the keyboard look ever so slightly different ? Oh yes, I have a problem with the Shift key ... now it seems stuck so that after hitting a letter it doesn't revert to lowercase. Anyone else noticed that ?