Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Donoban View Post
Hello guys,

I have installed the N9tweak. and I like it.
But is not as fast as I thougth.

This FASTERN9 its better than the N9tweak?

Because I will like to flash my N9, and then install this...
Opinions?

N9QTweak is a collection of tweaks for your system...It doesn't speed up your system except for Tweak A which just speeds up the transistions and NOT the system as a whole...

FasterN9 is a cgroup mod for your device which changes some priorities of the I/O scheduler along with other things so in most cases you'll end up with a faster device than stock...

If you read just the past 2-3 pages you'll see Schturman, the developer & creator of N9QTweak, too uses FasterN9 for his system and highly recommends it...

Hope the above clarifies things...

Thanks, This Help me a lot. Now I understand.
I only have few months with my N9. Thanks.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
N9QTweak is a collection of tweaks for your system...It doesn't speed up your system except for Tweak A which just speeds up the transistions and NOT the system as a whole...

FasterN9 is a cgroup mod for your device which changes some priorities of the I/O scheduler along with other things so in most cases you'll end up with a faster device than stock...

If you read just the past 2-3 pages you'll see Schturman, the developer & creator of N9QTweak, too uses FasterN9 for his system and highly recommends it...

Hope the above clarifies things...

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
After one weeks usage of the stable version I'm glad to report that I have noticed only positive effects. Thanks!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by efion View Post
What do you mean by the camera lag after taking a picture, maybe its image processing?

Mine was about half a second "lag" to process the image had taken, and showing the right and clear image after that
Yes this one..But there isnt such a "lag" without fastern9.

However, everything else seems to work great and faster n smoother than before.

Thanks

Well this is one awesome app. Almost all of the lag is gone.
Now the only thing I've noticed is that the radio(the one from the music store) starts to stutter badly when I use the phone. Playes perfectly when in standby mode. Then I unlock and there's a stutter. I remove the wallpaper and again. Change homescreens and there it is. I don't know if it's caused by fastern9 as I only started using the radio recently but figured I should post it.
Anyway thanks for the great app.
EDIT:using the stable 1.0 version.

BananaOnDrugs,

Try uninstalling fastern9; its most probably the cause of the stutter...

You may want to try both stable and unstable versions; IIRC one of them solves it...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Just installed the unstable and rebooted...still stutters but I guess it's a little better(could be my imagination). I don't use the phone that much while listening so I guess I can live with it. Thanks anyway.

Are you having the stutter while listening using bluetooth headphones?

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
i had time to investigate on the spotify - sportstracker bug. i tried it with 0.9.11 and qspot (since it is the only spotify client that is still getting updates) and i had no problems, the music and tracking worked fine.
next time i'll try it with the current unstable (which is working great so far!) and report back.
so if you use your n9 for sports, there is a (temporary) solution!
i tested again with the stable version. the funny thing is, it depends on when you press the lock button. if you lock the phone with sports tracker open, it will stutter. but if you have sportstracker and qspot (presumably any other spotify client as well) swiped to the multitasking view, it works perfectly.
@ traysh, i think you can update the first page with the known bugs.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Are you having the stutter while listening using bluetooth headphones?
Nope - without headphones or the ones that shipped with the N9. Interestingly enough - it doesn't stutter the first few times I lock/unlock/change homescreen after I've had the music store onscreen and then it does it everytime.