Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by sirpaul View Post
i installed the new version and it still has the error (it stutters and gets worse until the connection is completely lost).
Hmmm maybe stupid idea but you can try to disable also Sink and Source:
"Disable=Media,Sink,Source"

okay, i have entered the code (exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d '*'), reproduced both bugs (autoconnection and connectionloss at call) but how do i get the logs?
If you had installed sysklogd package (and started it or reboot N900) you can see the output in /var/log/syslog.

I don't recommend to keep sysklogd running as it's not needed and it generates another writes to the log file. So remove the package after you harvest the logs. Or at least stop it (also disable to start during boot).

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
hi, i have been using JABRA halo2 since last week and i noticed that with the default media player, all functions of Halo2 works (like answer, end, play, pause, next, previous) but when i use symfonie, play, pause, next previous do not work.

any methods to solve this?

The Following User Says Thank You to wittyheart For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wittyheart View Post
hi, i have been using JABRA halo2 since last week and i noticed that with the default media player, all functions of Halo2 works (like answer, end, play, pause, next, previous) but when i use symfonie, play, pause, next previous do not work.

any methods to solve this?
It's the feature of the application. So symfonie doesn't support it (as some other features). The only way is to add the support into symfonie. But it's not actively developed for few years.

So I think that only some developer who can add this feature to the symfonie can help you.

finally! i managed to get a log:

what happens from usersight:
n900 is not freshly restarted, it was before the log connected to the headset, but disconnected by the phone (dunno why it did that).

what i did:
autoconnect to headset and then i tried to listen to music, music was played via headset, but in very poor quality (wrong bt profile? display from headset said i was phoning).

restart headset AND n900

autoconnect, went wrong in the usual way: first shown as connected, tried to play music, music was played via internal speaker, headset disconnected

i will try to get a log from the usual disconnect when telephoning, but i may need a while (week?).

and i want to say a big "THANKS" to luf because you are trying to help me and figure out what the problem is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip syslog1.zip (20.0 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by sirpaul; 2012-10-28 at 21:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:
finally! i managed to get a log:
I'm affraid you didn't enable bluetoothd debug mode:

Code:
/etc/event.d/bluetoothd:
exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d '*'
The change is in adding " -d '*' " at the end of the exec line.

what i did:
autoconnect to headset and then i tried to listen to music, music was played via headset, but in very poor quality (wrong bt profile? display from headset said i was phoning).
It's expected if you disabled "Sink" as you disable A2DP at all and the only plugin is HFP (but as I understand it also disconnect time to time so you can enable Sink again).

i will try to get a log from the usual disconnect when telephoning, but i may need a while (week?).
Please don't forgot to enable debug (every time you reinstall bluez) or the logs should be unusable.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello,
So my Nokia Bh-505 finally kicked the bucket in that the ear buds both broke off. In my opinion the design is flawed in the first place because that part where it broke, that sits directly above the ear, linking the ear buds to the back part, is always subject to wear and pressure because of how you operate the thing and how it sits on your ear - so that should be flexible rather than rigid.
In short: don't buy this!
Note that the Motorola S9/10 and a very similar Samsung thingy have that very same stupid construction.

Has anyone tried to use the Jabra Sport headset with the N900? If, yes, how is the connection?
I'm mainly concerned that it might connect poorly, as has been the case with the Plantronics Backbeat 903, it was toal garbage. Then the manufacturer can always blame it on the device.
This is pretty much the only form factor that will work for me, as I wanna be able to wear a hat over it in winter (otherwise it's either cold or no music, right?), and I need the brackets to keep the ear buds in place.
Does anyone know about other comparable headsets with this form factor?

http://www2.jabra.com/sites/mobile/a...abrasport.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piCExc43ixg

There's also this one from Philips:

http://www.philips.at/c/kopfhoerer/shb6017_10/prd/

Anyone tried this?

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2012-12-04 at 18:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ arizona
BH-504 was a nice headset to use.. As it has all the options

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I am very happy with and can recommend the Sennheiser MM 400 model. I have previously owned Nokia's BH 501 and BH 504 and Sennheiser is by far the best.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
Ive been using a mee electronics a1 for the last few days, pretty nice (and tiny!) unit. MY only gripe is after resarching And researching about what kind of lipo battery it has, i had to buy one and tear it open (clips, nothing major, no glue) to determine the battery model, a-

http://howellenergy.en.alibaba.com/p...o_battery.html

Pretty dinky, and it doesn't last more than 6hr playing music.

But i ordered a 500mah 3.7v lipo, and plan on Frankensteining it itno another enclosure to get the job done. Shouldn't add much girth/width/weight, and give me a solid 24 hr play back time.

Or go balls to the wall with an extra bp-41 i have laying around.

Just might have to bypass the internal charger, so it doesn't take days to charge.

Last edited by eleseur; 2013-01-10 at 14:04.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I use a BH-214 with a cut, melt, and solder battery upgrade from stock 110ma/h to 400ma/h so I have gotten perhaps 16-20 hours of audio out of a charge.
I suspect my BH-214 is a fake but this not 100% copy still works for skip back, skip forward, answer, pause, volume, and doubleclick answer for call last number dialed. The poser button and answer button are wired together so depressing the answer key in a bag will turn on and waste some battery though it will shut off after a bit of being not paired.
Normal 3.5mm audio jack and DIY single headphone made from sony hook over the ear phones or diy short headphone from my ripped Nokia wired headset.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82500

Last edited by biketool; 2013-01-10 at 16:04.