Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
First, awesome, works pretty good the send pictures, thanks.

Second, i got a "bug".

When you send a picture and you push "view" (the image you send), opens the Image Viewer but also opens the image with Opera (i have Opera installed, don't know if someone just have microb, don`t have installed firefox).

I don`t have installed Browser Switchboard, so my defualt browser is microb, so i don`t know why opens Opera as well the Image Viewer.

El bug es cuando mandas una imagen y le das a ver la imagen que mandaste (como si estuvieras viendo una que te mandaron), abre el visor de imagenes pero tambien abre Opera (yo tengo instalado Opera, no tengo instalado firefox, osea solo microb y Opera.

Tampoco tengo instalado Browser Switchboard, asi que mi navegador por defecto es microb.

Greetings, Saludos.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Scorpius, really, you're GREAT! I think you deserve a little donation. Tomorrow :P

The Following User Says Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Also found a minor encoding issue:
When a group name contains umlauts (ä,ö,ü,...) they are not shown correctly. In previous versions that was not the case. However in a normal chat window everything is fine, so its no big deal.

And you cant say it too often: Thank you scorpius for your awesome work. I really appreciate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Duke For This Useful Post:
Hi Scorpius, thanks for the new version.

I also have this issue like Duke.

Originally Posted by Duke View Post
When a group name contains umlauts (ä,ö,ü,...) they are not shown correctly. In previous versions that was not the case. However in a normal chat window everything is fine, so its no big deal.

And you cant say it too often: Thank you scorpius for your awesome work. I really appreciate it.
My language is Arabic.

The Following User Says Thank You to abufaisal.o For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
When you send a picture and you push "view" (the image you send), opens the Image Viewer but also opens the image with Opera (i have Opera installed, don't know if someone just have microb, don`t have installed firefox).
That's very interesting. I don't send the image to the image viewer, but actually, I send the image to the application that's registered to open images, and it's usually image-viewer. I guess Opera also registers itself to open images and that's why you get both.

Since this is a test I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do later in Yappari, but the idea I like the most is image-viewer "forced" (no matter what you have registered) and browser as an option in the Settings dialog (Yappari will have a Settings dialog).

Originally Posted by Duke View Post
Thanks for that report. The reason is that I had to rewrite half Yappari to implement the RC4 encryption. Previous WhatsApp protocols were UTF8 encoded in Base64, now everything is raw encoding (binary) and I changed/updated what I noticed. I obviously didn't notice the group names, and maybe not known contacts that send you a message and have special characters maybe they will be shown incorrectly too.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-10-18 at 18:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
That's very interesting. I don't send the image to the image viewer, but actually, I send the image to the application that's registered to open images, and it's usually image-viewer. I guess Opera also registers itself to open images and that's why you get both.

Since this is a test I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do later in Yappari, but the idea I like the most is image-viewer "forced" (no matter what you have registered) and browser as an option in the Settings dialog (Yapari will have a Settings dialog).
Well is not a big deal because that only happens when view your own send images (not all the time you will open your own send images).

The recieved images still opens with microb.

Greetings.

great work scorpius..!!
its working freaking awesome...yeah there is problem of image viewing....opening in opera n image viewer both...but it doesn't matter...

we've started with only recieving and sending texts...and now able to send pictures also...
@scorpius..u'r truely wonderful dude...greatly appriciated..

The Following User Says Thank You to parth.rocky For This Useful Post:
@Scrpious u r amazing man !!
Gr8 work done
The force image viewer is the best method i feel..
Plz integrate message forwarding feature also..

Thnx a lot buddy

Scorpius, great work !

I see people here taking about group messages.
Is it already working on 0.0.24 ?
I couldn't find it.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp