Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Several people have asked how they can donate

I have been playing with KDE on IT's for about 1 year now, and I have been playing on IT's for about 2 years. First 770, then 800, currently awaiting n810.

I have recently put up a donations button on my official KDE home on www.tablethacker.com

If you would like to donate to Penguinbait's efforts getting KDE to run on maemo platform or other projects, please visit

http://www.tablethacker.com/kde.html

PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT THE CREATOR OF KDE
I simply complied and packaged it for the Nokia Internet Tablet platform.

NOTE All donations are appreciated and used towards tablet development in some way or another. I have no costs associated with development persay, some brownies and coca-cola maybe. But I purchased tablethacker.com and hosting for 1 year, and I would like to be able to recoup my costs on that.

ANYWAY, if you have already or are thinking of contributing, I appreciate it.

To date I have 5 donations ranging from 1$ to 20$ and I appreciate each one.

Thanks for all the support, verbal, written or monetary. They are all appreciated.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-01-15 at 20:15.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Count me in on the $20 deal. You will have had my PayPal as e.bryan.

Very happy to support your incredible efforts.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Czech Republic
Ive been reading not installing yet. And will be donating very soon.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just donated $15. With current EUR<>USD rates it was only about 10 euros...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
So, you're accepting donations on KDE's behalf or...?

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
I can't donate any money 4 u, cause I have no credit card or smt BUT! I can help u in creating a website, that will look awesome! Right now it's kind'a wierd If u interested, contact me at az@pocketpcrussia.com or ICQ 179402332. I will be very glad to help such a great man like you

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Milan - Italy
20$ for you just now

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
So, you're accepting donations on KDE's behalf or...?
Well ZJ, it was not my intent to confuse people....

Its seems very clear in my post (at least to me) that this money is going to Penguinbait.

"If you would like to donate to Penguinbait for KDE or other projects, please visit"

Perhaps some people find this confusing or think I am creating KDE from scratch? I HOPE I have not misled people into thinking I am the creator of KDE?

I am only the compiler and packager of KDE for the maemo platform.

PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS DONATED TO ME THINKING I AM THE CREATOR OF KDE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WILL PROMPTLY REFUND YOUR MONEY.

I think however people are donating to me because I made KDE available on maemo platform.

I will update my post to be clearer about this.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by wazd View Post
I can't donate any money 4 u, cause I have no credit card or smt BUT! I can help u in creating a website, that will look awesome! Right now it's kind'a wierd If u interested, contact me at az@pocketpcrussia.com or ICQ 179402332. I will be very glad to help such a great man like you

I appreciate the offer, but tablethacker is merely a shell of its future glory

It will get better, its being developed along with apps, and its gonna take some time. Its only been up about 17 days, cut me a little slack.

Tablethackers goal is to be a site about tablets, and a site to use with your tablet. Its got a long way to go, and I will be looking for some help, but I need to get the backend framework working properly first.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Milan - Italy
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Well ZJ, it was not my intent to confuse people....

Its seems very clear in my post (at least to me) that this money is going to Penguinbait.

"If you would like to donate to Penguinbait for KDE or other projects, please visit"

Perhaps some people find this confusing or think I am creating KDE from scratch? I HOPE I have not misled people into thinking I am the creator of KDE?

I am only the compiler and packager of KDE for the maemo platform.

PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS DONATED TO ME THINKING I AM THE CREATOR OF KDE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I WILL PROMPTLY REFUND YOUR MONEY.

I think however people are donating to me because I made KDE available on maemo platform.

I will update my post to be clearer about this.
I know...for this I did the donation

Tags
deprecated, donations, kde, kde35, penguinbait