Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/zaploc/zaploc.py", line 6, in <module>
while (app.zaploc.main()):
File "/opt/zaploc/zaploc.py", line 2151, in main

File "/opt/zaploc/zaploc.py", line 904, in config_services

File "/opt/zaploc/app/zlatitude.py", line 178, in get_icon
KeyError: 'picture'

any help please!

ok i figured it out. zaploc expects a pic in my profile. Though I used to have one, suddenly seem to be have a blank pic and so is the error. When i atached a pic to my profile all went good.

question: why is it compulsory to have a profile picture? anyways i good with this!

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Zaploc seems to have real problems with Latitude these days...it never autostarts anymore, and when I go to attached services it just hangs without showing latitude until I delete the .dat and then it works fine once it re-auths.

I don't have mr_jrt's problems, but I do have a request.
Could more options for shorter update periods be added? 5 minutes is now the minimum, but I often don't find that enough. 2 minutes or perhaps also 1 minute would be much appreciated.

I'd fix this myself but unfortunately the so-called source package only contains compiled python files. I also wanted to add a filter for updates, as when I'm home about 50% of the updates say I'm at a house 150 meters away. (There's no cell tower there!), In the old zaps-new-latitude-updater.py I had hacked in some code to filter such updates, but that script doesn't handle the new oauth authentication to Google

Can someone please rename the thread from "[Announce] ZapLoc - a Gowalla/Foursquare/Facebook places/Latitude aggregator - "All your location based services are belong to us" " TO "[Announce] ZapLoc - a Gowalla/Foursquare/Facebook places/Latitude aggregator - "All your location based services belongs to us" "

oh the app seems interesting

Originally Posted by MeeNu View Post
Can someone please rename the thread from "[Announce] ZapLoc - a Gowalla/Foursquare/Facebook places/Latitude aggregator - "All your location based services are belong to us" " TO "[Announce] ZapLoc - a Gowalla/Foursquare/Facebook places/Latitude aggregator - "All your location based services belongs to us" "

oh the app seems interesting
You are not aware of the "All your base are belong to us" meme?

/Z

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wurtel View Post
I don't have mr_jrt's problems, but I do have a request.
Could more options for shorter update periods be added? 5 minutes is now the minimum, but I often don't find that enough. 2 minutes or perhaps also 1 minute would be much appreciated.

I'd fix this myself but unfortunately the so-called source package only contains compiled python files. I also wanted to add a filter for updates, as when I'm home about 50% of the updates say I'm at a house 150 meters away. (There's no cell tower there!), In the old zaps-new-latitude-updater.py I had hacked in some code to filter such updates, but that script doesn't handle the new oauth authentication to Google
As for the accuracy, I'd suggest to do what I do - assuming you have WiFi in your house. Set your house as a ZapLoc and set it to auto-check-in based on WiFi. it will use the GPS position you set in the WiFi for as long as you are within that WiFi range.

The lowest time is actually 2.5 minues coz it doubles the speed on charger.

You could probably edit the boot startup file to set the interval w. the command line option (which will override the config file), i.e. edit /etc/event.d/zaploc and add something like "-i 1" before "--boot"

/Z

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Zaplock alive ??

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
very!

(it did an update for me less than 10 minutes ago)

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Just got a notice from Google that Latitude will be shut down on August 8th!

So, what are the alternatives?

From

https://support.google.com/gmm/answe..._latitude&rd=1

I understand that the only way to send location data to Google will be through their app...

EDIT: maybe it is possible to swap Latitude with Glympse? The API is available here: https://developer.glympse.com/sdk/web

EDIT2: nevermind, Glympse has no easy direct API and is as closed as it gets. Open source alternative wanted!

Last edited by petur; 2013-07-10 at 22:39.