I've changed both the Nokia Logo Boot Screen and the "Hands" image on load. But I wish there was a way to also change the sound that loads when the Hand image plays (or in this case whatever image I've changed it to). It would be cool to have a computer voice of something like "Welcome back (Insert name here)!" or something similar.

Does anyone know of the location of the Boot up sound file? If you were to find it, simply overwriting it with another sound file with the same name should theoritically work, right?

How did you change the default screens? info please

Originally Posted by Coolty
How did you change the default screens? info please
http://maemotalk.feelslikeburning.co...-bluesun-hack/

i have no idea where the sound is , but my guess probably a midi file so search for that
btw nice hack

It's a wav file. I replaced mine. The boot sequence pauses for the length of the wav file, so if you want to speed up your boot time, copy in a very short wav.

Originally Posted by Supergeek
It's a wav file. I replaced mine. The boot sequence pauses for the length of the wav file, so if you want to speed up your boot time, copy in a very short wav.
Can you please give me the location of the wav file so I can replace it? Thanks.

Originally Posted by kutibah
Can you please give me the location of the wav file so I can replace it? Thanks.
find / -name '*.wav' -print

works best as root

Originally Posted by kutibah
It is /usr/share/sounds/ui-wake_up_tune.wav

Originally Posted by rattis
find / -name '*.wav' -print

works best as root
Originally Posted by troubleshootr
It is /usr/share/sounds/ui-wake_up_tune.wav
Thank you!

Cool, knowing what the new email wav file is now, I can create a file and replace it with that famous old AOL "You've got mail!". Haha that would be cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to kutibah For This Useful Post: