Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
Doesn't this affect battery life on all devices running official Whatsapp as well?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Not really because now they are not connected all the time. For example Windows Phone doesn't support background sockets, so if you switch to another application it disconnects. They use something called "background push agents" for this, that I don't really know how it works.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Not really because now they are not connected all the time. For example Windows Phone doesn't support background sockets, so if you switch to another application it disconnects. They use something called "background push agents" for this, that I don't really know how it works.
I don't know either. But I think both Windows Phone and iOS have some sort of central notification server, so I assume that even if Whatsapp needs a keep-alive every second (or 5 or whatever), it is the server that responds to that. Whenever the client needs anything, the server can wake him up (using a long-lived connection, probably with a wake-up every 10min or so to prevent NAT from killing the connection).

In any case, iDevices, Androids and Windows Phones probably have a much shorter battery life than the N900 (don't have experience with any of those, but friends report charging every night..), so the effect is not so significant..

In any case, Scorpius, you've done what you had to do (read: what people here wanted you to do! and your new implementation works flawlessly, so no complaints here

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ united states
@scorpius

Please have a look at post #2123 & 2125 as both point to same issue. Thank you.

Hi

I've had problems with connection in yappari since wednesday. The bug showed is: CONNECTION TIMED OUT.

Please if someone knows the solution, publish it.

hallo scorpius my pictures dont arrive i dont know why please help

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
hallo scorpius my pictures dont arrive i dont know why please help
He won't be able to help without any further information. Please provide the following:
1. The yappari log file (if you have no idea where that is, then please read the first post of this thread)
2. Whether you have CSSU, and probably which version of it.
3. Which version of yappari are you using (though this one is obvious, however, just to make sure).

The Following User Says Thank You to mlwane For This Useful Post:
thanks
1. how i can read the log file ? my log file is soo big 45 mb :s but why
2. cssu installed v.21.2011.38-1smaemo4.1
3.yappari v 0.0.25

Last edited by jhonny; 2012-11-03 at 22:35.

thanks
1. how i can read the log file ? my log file is soo big 45 mb
rename it, another will be re-created

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
my log file is soo big 45 mb :s but why
Because it also contain your conversation(s) log.
I don't know why it also logs convesation, because Yappari already have dedicated conversation log on /home/user/.yappari/logs

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp