Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
UNBRICKED !!!!!

In /sbin I had a copy of the original getbootstate (getbootstate.nokia) *with* the correct file permissions (executable bit).

So after booting to /bin/sh I first did
Code:
cd sbin
cp getbootstate.nokia getbootstate
sync
sync
.. (until watchdog kicked in)
That didn't work, until I realized that cp doesn't replace the file permissions of the destination. Oh well.

So I did the same using mv. The N900 booted perfectly. Seems that even the microUSB port is now a bit more relaxed, because it *seems* to be charging (using Pali's in-kernel module).

I'll ssh into it right now and copy stuff from it (it is so heavily modded that I need to somehow make a copy to document what I've done..)

(if anybody needs some context as to why I'm writing this: start here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=437).

Cheers and thanks again especially to Fabry (who gave me the suggestion to type commands directly in the u-boot console), Hurrian, Misiak, Pali and freemangordon.

I'll proceed now to design a backup system with U-boot and various kernels (with *short* names!) and script files in the VFAT partition.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Update: New version 2012.10-rc3-1
Changes:
* reuse bootreason, bootmode, hwrev, nolo ver in omap atag table
* added env setup_boot_reason_atag and setup_boot_mode_atag (for forcing in omap atag table)
Can you explain a bit more what setup_boot_reason_atag and setup_boot_mode_atag do?

I just wrote on the getbootstate/preinit thread asking you do allow bypassing bootreason and bootmode by using a kernel command line parameter, but just saw this in u-boot, which may (or not) be exactly what I wanted.

Can I do, e.g.
Code:
setenv setup_boot_reason_atag pwr_key
and this will be available in /proc/bootreason so it will be picked up by getbootstate?

If so, my request in the other thread is perhaps not necessary anymore, except for the bypassing of getbootstate by I could take care of that one (maybe I'll make an interactive version of getbootstate, so the user can choose while booting

Run
Code:
setenv setup_boot_reason_atag pwr_key
from uboot console and then boot maemo (from bootmenu or by command). It will write to omap boot table bootreason pwr_key which appear in linux kernel in /proc/bootreason. Same is for env setup_boot_mode_atag. Values are normal and update (there is also test and local, but useless). Normal is normal boot mode and update is boot mode for flashing eMMC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Hello there. I am unable to install Pali's uboot. I tried dpkg -i command but it wont work. It gives the following error.

dpkg: error precessing 1armel.deb (--install): cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing: 1.armel.deb

I changed the name of the package to 1armel.deb to make it easier to write in command line. All the 3 files in are in ,documents as well as the N900 Internal Memory. What I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Originally Posted by ApexBeat View Post
Hello there. I am unable to install Pali's uboot. I tried dpkg -i command but it wont work. It gives the following error.

dpkg: error precessing 1armel.deb (--install): cannot access archive: No such file or directory

Errors were encountered while processing: 1.armel.deb

I changed the name of the package to 1armel.deb to make it easier to write in command line. All the 3 files in are in ,documents as well as the N900 Internal Memory. What I am doing wrong? Thanks.
I guess you're just not typing the name of the file(s) correctly. Try to use TAB auto-completion so that you get the file names right!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I think it is more a directory thing.
First you need root rights ( so sudo gainroot or root) is required in advance) But it looks like you did.
So depending on above command, you are located in /home/user or /root. Your deb file is inside /home/user/MyDocs (or maybe /home/user/MyDocs/.documents).
What you need is change to that directory (cd /home/user/MyDocs) or give full path (dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/1armel.deb).
AND autocompletion is always recommended.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Thanks peterleinchen. Using the full path for installation did the trick. Rebooted, everything is working fine.

Finally maemo autobuilder working again, so I pushed uboot to extras-devel. See first post and vote for packages!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Finally maemo autobuilder working again, so I pushed uboot to extras-devel. See first post and vote for packages!
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...2012.10-rc3-1/ and http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...2012.10-rc3-1/ - your votes are counted twice, pali, how did you do that?

misiak, there is race condition in maemo package interface...
As DocScrutinizer already said, web developers do not know what is reentrant programming...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
bootmenu, u-boot