Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
What's the purpose of the parameter -R at cp?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
it does a replace at destination...

for example /usr/share/

has the same-named file you want to copy over...it won't be allowed unless you do a rm first so doing a cp -R allows the file at destination to be replaced from the location you want to copy it from...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
Are you sure? I think that's the default behavior of cp, unless -i is specified. But okay, we shouldn't hijack this thread for a discussion about cp

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well last post here

cp on the n9 for root directory will give you permission denied even as devel-su hence using -R...Try it out

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
For anybody wondering what some of the settings are:

Settings.show.debug - mostly useless, BUT, here contains an option for disabling the stock keyboard (Switch gesture)
Settings.show.extra - heaps of cool extra settings, recommended, and relatively safe.
Settings.show.gesture - dangerous settings, recommended not to enable. This includes settings for how Swype interprets user input, things suchas delay between Swypes, etc.
Settings.show.tracepath - most useful, and coolest, contains tweaks to visual appearance of your Swype.things such as length, colour, and shape. Highly recommended, Ialso recommend decreasing your thickness to around 4, as I find this dramatically increases Swype speed, it also makes the line smoother and faster.

Note: for all of these settings, to use them, you need to long-press on the Swype logo in the bottom-right. You also need to be careful because any of the sliders can be modified whilst simply scrolling, which can be a pain to correct!

Swype.gesture.closed.enabled - awesomely useful, once enabled, simply Swype from the Swype logo to backspace, and the keyboard is hidden!

Will update when I can get around to it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to optimaxxx For This Useful Post:
So how about this problem?
Its the most annoying and you cant use swype like that..
I cant find anything

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Is there any way to disable the ability to swipe to a different keyboard? I can't tell how frustrated I get when I swipe to the stock keyboard when I'm trying to start a word with "p".
Originally Posted by kihanos View Post
I accidently found out an answer to this question. Replacing "switch.gesture=swipe" by "switch.gesture=anythingyouwannawritehere" in your /home/user/.swype/SwypeConfig.ini seems to disable the keyboard swiping.

It may be more interesting to know actual keywords to put instead of "anythingyouwannawritehere" but, well, it's a start.

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by mpy View Post
Ok, here is another setting, especially valuable for those who do not like this ugly key clicking sound of the Swype keyboard...

Add the following lines to your /home/user/.swype/.ini:
meego.feedback.press.down=priSwypeConfigority2_sta tic_press meego.feedback.press.up=priority2_static_release meego.feedback.press.slide=priority2_vkb_sliding_p ress

I'm unable to change anything with above mentioned tweak. Did the necessary changes and rebooted, but no change. Can anyone confirm if it works?

EDIT : It works. But meego.feedback.press.up isn't having any effect. Is there some other property like release,etc that could be set to achieve stock keyboard like feedback while releasing?

Last edited by bibek; 2013-03-31 at 06:38.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Pakistan
So I have read this thread but couldn't confirm if the double haptic feedback on Swype VKB can be enabled by editing SwypeConfig.ini?

Could anybody help?

Tutorial - OpenVPN for N9

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
So how about this problem?
Its the most annoying and you cant use swype like that..
I cant find anything
I wrote switch.gesture=none and I can confirm that it solves the issue!

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
I wrote switch.gesture=none and I can confirm that it solves the issue!
Well that was easy
/usr/share/swype/data/SwypeConfig.ini
switch.gesture = none

Now we can enjoy swype