Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
It may be possible, Android has been ported to Nokia, albeit, it doesn't work 100%, so it may be feasible to port iOS to Nokia, but why in my mind, no point. Just my opinion!
Dude, stop taking hariainm's post seriously. He is a veteran TMO user and is very aware of the abilities of the maemo community and devices. Most of his posts are well meaning and often informative (a nice guy IMO) but this time he is taking the piss!

And yes I did find his post amusing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Yes we know about it, and it has been discussed in 3 previous threads. It will be ported as Jolla said on Twitter. But no tutorial yet. And please, kindly, ask a moderator to either take down that thread or merge them all in the thread in off-topic.. Thanks

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
There is also the issue how its working on a unoptimized device. The user experience unknown. But one thing is clear it will never be the same as with all jolla device.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I wonder if the N9 specs are gonna be "enough" for Sailfish!
Here's hoping it has even lower requirements than Harmattan.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
shame, Jolla should release the binaries for N9 (even unofficially) and have an instant user/hacker/tester/dev base...

They don't have HW, the N9 is old now so it's not going to hurt them, the opposite.

And it'll foster better community (us) involvement, I hope to see it when they release the SDK.

My guess is that it's not ready, being a bit more usable then Meego.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
What's with the selfish ignorant folk who DEMAND that Sailfish be brought to the Nokia N9, a device from a completely different company?

How can a (once-)bright community fill a bu****** thread like this with 5 pages of even more **ll****?

Y'know, sticking around was hard enough already, especially after the whole WhatsApp happening (-> people DEMANDING Wazapp to be released before it was ready and filling ****sh** threads with ******it posts, contributing absolutely NOTHING to the website), but you guys are really ruining TMO for me with this kind of childish behaviour.

Yes, I'm ranting and shitposting, but it's "merely" the cry of someone who is witnessing the death of his favourite community and tech-website :/
Can't you guys just continue your own shitposting on the comments section of whichever engadget.com article?

/rant

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
There can be some licensing issues that prevent Jolla from making an official N9 Sailfish port. Community however could come up with such port, since Nemo already runs with Mer's N9 hw adaptation, so nothing would prevent Sailfish from doing the same in theory.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by ffha View Post
What's with the selfish ignorant folk who DEMAND that Sailfish be brought to the Nokia N9, a device from a completely different company?

How can a (once-)bright community fill a bu****** thread like this with 5 pages of even more **ll****?

Y'know, sticking around was hard enough already, especially after the whole WhatsApp happening (-> people DEMANDING Wazapp to be released before it was ready and filling ****sh** threads with ******it posts, contributing absolutely NOTHING to the website), but you guys are really ruining TMO for me with this kind of childish behaviour.

Yes, I'm ranting and shitposting, but it's "merely" the cry of someone who is witnessing the death of his favourite community and tech-website :/
Can't you guys just continue your own shitposting on the comments section of whichever engadget.com article?

/rant
TMO jumped the shark years ago, all that's left are petulant children. I'm amazed the Hildon Foundation expects to make any progress at all what with the fights over whether Finders Keepers really does mean Losers Weepers.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
There can be some licensing issues that prevent Jolla from making an official N9 Sailfish port. Community however could come up with such port, since Nemo already runs with Mer's N9 hw adaptation, so nothing would prevent Sailfish from doing the same in theory.
Nemo Core + Jolla's device-agnostic repo + decision of user to use said repo + apt-get install sailfish-components

Closed Thread

Tags
harmattantrolls, n9isforkids, nosailfishforu, yessailfishforu