Closed Thread
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pordenone
Jolla why u dont modify the multitasking view???
i think that if you add more Desktop panel view (instead of scrolling down Desktop to see launcher) near multitasking view. Then when you open fifth application, Sailfish add other Desktop view in the right side ( cause left side swipe turn to back )
Will be nice..in order to avoid filling the only multitasking window with resized (3x3, 2x2) windows like in N9

i think

Last edited by michdeskunk; 2012-11-26 at 11:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to michdeskunk For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
michdeskunk,

Currently that view is scalable for 9 apps and they are looking at alternatives FYI...

IMO there shouldn't be a limit and only the resources available should limit it...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Have jolla recevied the doc yet or whats going on?

Can I do anything to speed up the process?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Yeah, what's the conclusion? Are we sending the list now or not?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Have jolla recevied the doc yet or whats going on?
Can I do anything to speed up the process?
We already agreed yest (?) that there's plenty of time now*, so we're not sending it 3-days after conf. as originally planned, see earlier posts, you were posting then.
What we were still contemplating, is sending a partial doc imminently, and you were in disagreement with that.

*no more reveal in December, as Jolla originally claimed.

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Yeah, what's the conclusion? Are we sending the list now or not?
I was thinking I may lock it soon, leave it read-only (& commentable) for all with or without a direct link, & give access to those who are interested in helping with:

*Adding new content (using this thread/elsewhere, ensuring it's relevant & not already in the docs)
*Removing redundant/crap content (we must be sure of this, it's probably best to discuss here 1st)
*Answering points that already have answers (ditto)
*General formatting, grammar, punctuation etc.

Those who'd like to help can simply PM me their Google account/email* & I'd grant them access...
As for sending-off a "batch" imminently, I'm not really convinced of that, doesn't seem like a huge amount to me, I reckon Jolla/Sailfish can deal with it in one batch.
I reckon we send it in one big doc, aim for 11th Dec (2wk) or wait till new yr after most holidays are finished, say around Jan 8th? (6wk).

Night.
*if you don't have one set-up a temporary one, it's piss-easy.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-27 at 06:31.

So, input on this please. Thank-you.

Favorite features of n900

- Open platform
- FM Transmitter
- email, chat clients at least as good as n900
- fbreader, gpodder, pdf reader, grr, keepass, vim
- some kind of maps (could be google) offline would be good
- big screen, swap-able battery
- keyboard optional

Thanks!

Owner: n700, n800, n900, android n1, android nexus s, nexus x, nexus 7, asus transformer, kobo, & half dozen ubuntu devices

Have anybody asked what's the default browser rendering engine? Webkit? Or maybe Opera?

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I was thinking I may lock it soon, leave it read-only (& commentable) for all with or without a direct link, & give access to those who are interested in helping with:

*Adding new content (using this thread/elsewhere, ensuring it's relevant & not already in the docs)
*Removing redundant/crap content (we must be sure of this, it's probably best to discuss here 1st)
*Answering points that already have answers (ditto)
*General formatting, grammar, punctuation etc.

Those who'd like to help can simply PM me their Google account/email* & I'd grant them access...

*if you don't have one set-up a temporary one, it's piss-easy.
People willing to "put their hands up" for this?
It only takes a few people willing to do a little bit "here & there".
So far we've only had one person...

As for sending-off a "batch" imminently, I'm not really convinced of that, doesn't seem like a huge amount to me, I reckon Jolla/Sailfish can deal with it in one batch.
I reckon we send it in one big doc, aim for 11th Dec (2wk) or wait till new yr after most holidays are finished, say around Jan 8th? (6wk).
Thoughts on this?...
Perhaps we could aim to have a 1st half (or thereabouts) sent to them by about the 11th, & a final 2nd half by about the 8th.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-28 at 07:56.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
You can count me in for a little bit here and there

Yup I think let's just go all-in send one big doc to them by 11th Dec...The earlier the better IMO...

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open