Notices

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ fairfield, ct
Maemo mapper ver 2.2 is great software. I've found everything to work remarkably well except for the poi download function. I, too, am getting the same error message: "File not found" when trying to download poi's. I did notice that the default URL in my POI location box was:
http://www.gnuite.com/cgi-bin/poi.cg...ery=%s&page=%d

When I shortened it to:
http://www.gnuite.com/cgi-bin/poi.cgi

I still got the same "File not found" error message.

The one other small bug in the poi dialogue box is that the automatic fill does work properly when using a stylus. The old entries do appear but they cannot be chosen with a tap of the stylus. I can highlight them with the arrow keys on a Bluetooth keyboard, though, and then they work. Fine.

Just a final note of thanks for all those responsible for producing such a fine applications.... I haven't had much fun with with a piece of software in a long time.

I am also getting the not found error message when trying to download POIs.

I am sure this will be fixed once the new 0s2008 dust settles.

I am having the same problem with 2.2. "File Not Found" when I try to add POIs.
Anyone having any luck?

(Same exact problem as CTDEN in post #21)

same here, os2008 + maemo mapper and I get the file not found error when downloading POIs. Do any of the other versions of maemo mapper use a different URL?

Originally Posted by ctden View Post

The one other small bug in the poi dialogue box is that the automatic fill does work properly when using a stylus. The old entries do appear but they cannot be chosen with a tap of the stylus. I can highlight them with the arrow keys on a Bluetooth keyboard, though, and then they work. Fine.
Other trick is to click the middle directional key on your N800 keypad on the left. The one in the middle of the directional keypad on your N800... it'll select the text automatically.

The POI web service is down until further notice, and thus Maemo Mapper's ability to download POI is hindered. I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope to restore the web service soon.

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
The POI web service is down until further notice, and thus Maemo Mapper's ability to download POI is hindered. I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope to restore the web service soon.
The POI web service is back online at the same URL:

http://www.gnuite.com/cgi-bin/poi.cgi

This means the POI download functionality of Maemo Mapper should work again.

I can use the POI service on the web site just fine. When I try to use it through maemo-mapper, I keep getting the error: Invalid origin or query. I guess I don't understand how to use the POI service. Any suggestions? It fails for example simply using the GPS location and "Restaurants" as the query.

Originally Posted by dwf View Post
I can use the POI service on the web site just fine. When I try to use it through maemo-mapper, I keep getting the error: Invalid origin or query. I guess I don't understand how to use the POI service. Any suggestions? It fails for example simply using the GPS location and "Restaurants" as the query.
Make sure that the "Source URL" is set appropriately. You should almost never actually change this field. It should be set exactly as follows (percent-signs and all):
Code:
http://www.gnuite.com/cgi-bin/poi.cgi?saddr=%s&query=%s&page=%d

That makes it work! Someone the parameters weren't there, but now it works fine.
Thanks!