Active Topics

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I might have observed something similar.... at least three times the device was turned off when it shouldn't. Last time (around 2am) it was fully charged, and in the morning wouldn't turn on again because the battery seemed empty.

Then i charged it to ~64%; maybe 2hrs later percentage already dropped to 48% almost without usage.

I'll see if i can get anything in observations. For now, it seems better...

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-12-27 at 17:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Yes, just reproduced it two times after phone was laying connected for several hours and discharged to <50%. I'm using ConnectNow widget to control the connection. AP is hidden, WPA2, dir-300 router.

So, can anyone else try reconnecting multiple times in a row with a discharged battery? I've also had it rebooted while connecting to GPRS, that's why I'm suggesting a power issue. Also, icd2 crash.
Attached Files
File Type: tar icd2-reboot-oops_half_charged_reauthing_wifi.tar (270.0 KB, 80 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
A failing battery can cause brownouts, and they can eventually cause crashes that make the N900 reboot - try changing batteries to see if it helps.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kerio For This Useful Post:
Are you on kpv52 ?
If yes me experiencing same battery drain
tried powertop but nothing useful
now the only solution I got is to revert back to kpv51rc1
there is no battery drain till now
everything alright

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Freiburg, Germany
Hi,
i recently reflashed my rootfs and kernel and installed the cssu.
since then i could not fcam-drivers to work.
The camera works fine without the fcam-drivers.
But after installing fcam-drivers there is no image (its black) and in dmesg i see the line:

isp_mod: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module

when i do "modprobe fcam". I tried the fcam-drivers from extras, devel and the latest from the garage pages download, all with the same result. I also did a reboot after each installtion and took the battery out. Now i am running out of ideas...
Kernel is 2.6.28-10power51r1 and i am careful with reflashes as i lost my usb-port recently, mechanically :-(
Does anyone have a idea where i go wrong as there seems to be users who have the combination working?

Last edited by tlo; 2012-12-31 at 15:57. Reason: some clearification

Originally Posted by tlo View Post
Hi,
i recently reflashed my rootfs and kernel and installed the cssu.
since then i could not fcam-drivers to work.
The camera works fine without the fcam-drivers.
But after installing fcam-drivers there is no image (its black) and in dmesg i see the line:

isp_mod: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module

when i do "modprobe fcam". I tried the fcam-drivers from extras, devel and the latest from the garage pages download, all with the same result. I also did a reboot after each installtion and took the battery out. Now i am running out of ideas...
Kernel is 2.6.28-10power51r1 and i am careful with reflashes as i lost my usb-port recently, mechanically :-(
Does anyone have a idea where i go wrong as there seems to be users who have the combination working?
Just tried camera on kernel power v52 and I have the problem, but bless900 is working fine and I prefer bless900 anyway.

I have a problem with BME Replacement, probably specifically with userspace daemon hald-addon-bme.

If the Kernel-CSSU install, it correctly displays the battery charge (from 0 to 100%), but it does not correct working LED - constantly orange light (not blinking) when charging, and constantly green light when fully charged, on even after disconnecting from the charger. If restart mce - LED work correctly.

If the Kernel-Power52 install, the LED is working correctly, but the total charge is shown from 107 to 112%! And full capacity of battery show less then with Kernel-CSSU (~1200-1250 mAh vs 1348 mAh), but battery charging to the value of Kernel-CSSU, as result - 1348/1224 = 110%.

Battery Widget 0.5 also show this value.

Also one bug with any kernel - sometimes at USB-connection with PC N900 not charging.

Last edited by DarkSide25; 2013-01-07 at 07:56.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Bulgaria
I see there's a new version of the zswap module
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/li...1.0/02285.html
As ppl already said ...this should be included in kp... and maybe even become default in cssu.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to l4m3rx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
Plz Help I want Remove Kernel Power 52 and Install 51 So plz suggest me how to do.

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
Plz Help I want Remove Kernel Power 52 and Install 51 So plz suggest me how to do.
From first page:
Uninstalling kernel image is possible only via menu entry "Nokia Kernel".

There is no way to direct downgrade... You need to get stock kernel first and then upgrade to kp51 again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power