Active Topics

Hi guys
I have come across a peculiar problem with my N9 and I was wondering if anybody else had noticed the same issue or had any pointers to help figure out the source of the problem.

On a couple of occasions while I was roaming in another country, I tried to send an sms to a contact. The sms failed to deliver, but then when I got my bill from my operator (3 Sweden) the same SMS had been counted as sent and deliver and charged multiple times (in one case over 300 times). From the bill it looked like I sent texts to the same number multiple times more or less every 30 seconds.

This happened to me while in Belgium (Mobistar network) sending a text to an Estonian number, and in Canada (Tellus and AT&T networks) sending to a US number. It also happened in the UK (both in 3 UK's and O2's networks) to 2 UK numbers (I believe both were Vodafone UK customers).

The problem only appeared with these 4 numbers in these occasions, other texts to other numbers in the same periods were delivered and billed correctly.

3 Sweden said they have checked their systems and that it is "technically impossible" for the system to have created these loops, and they blame the problem on the phone (which BTW I bought from them too).

The phone has been running software v. 40.2012.21-3.280.04.1_PR_280 for months now. After the trip to Canada I did a full reset as the phone had become sluggish, but the issue reoccurred in the UK afterwards.

My personal guess is that the phone software's might have a bug that kicks in with some operators/Sms-gateways causing the phone to miss some piece of communication and trying to resend the message continuously, even though the screen reports a failed message (which I assumed would indicate the phone had given up trying to send the message)... But it's a just a hunch I have no way to test or prove...

Any idea?

Thanks!

Francesco

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
Are you having a dual-SIM service from operator?

If not. Cancel all call forwarding ##002#

If you like to turn your calls to answerer or some other number use special number after the command and phone number. For voice calling this is 11

**21*+1234567890*11#

**61*+1234567890*11*30#
**62*+1234567890*11#
**67*+1234567890*11#

Take care...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Helsinki
Try to change this SMS service numbers first sing '+' to double zero '00' if it could help? Or same for all those telephone numbers.