Active Topics

Notices

no it wont install. already dled

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
how you installing it?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ South Africa
Hi guys
when i start the wazapp app, it shows the wazapp symbol, but then shortly afterwards closes itself. I have deleted wazapp, deleted my account, and in Filebox i have deleted user/.download/wazapp, and also the other files in Filebox that was mentioned earlier in the forum.
I cannot however delete anything in the/opt folder. it says DELETE SUCCESSFUL, but when i open the folder, everything is still there.
I then downloaded 0.9.16 from wazapp.im, downloaded the additional data, and started wazapp again. then it opens and i can get incoming messages. i cannot however Sync Contacts. and in addition, when i quit wazapp, it doesnt start up again, just closes itself again.
I have tried starting wazapp over and over, no change. I have rebooted my phone over and over, no change.
What am i doing wrong?

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
maybe they blocked you?

Edit: i got the same problem with "official" 0.9.16 from Tarek.

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-01-10 at 07:48.

Originally Posted by Anthony-Netherlands View Post
No......i have delete the hole .wazapp folder , in filebox , wazapp working great but i have no contacts , they will not syc my contacts to wazapp , i have 600 contacts.....is that the problem ???
same problem here.. this problem start today for me..., yesterday wazapp was fine.. i only have 40 contacts, any solution? thanks in advance

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by johnsnipe View Post
same problem here.. this problem start today for me..., yesterday wazapp was fine.. i only have 40 contacts, any solution? thanks in advance
guys i have the same problem after installing unto a newly flashed n9. dont want to repeat but just to highlight that this is a real problem

The Following User Says Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
ah, i see wazapp changed sync engine. wait for updated release.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
running in terminal, this is the output when i try to sync:
libqtcontacts-tracker: engine.cpp:1591: Not cleaning up obsolete resources for nao:hasTag property since the property's range is too generic (rdfs:Resource).

its normal tracker bahaviour.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by Anthony-Netherlands View Post
Leinad , will you help ?
If you have a backup of your old Database, just put it back in /home/user/.wazapp and all your contacts (and messages btw) will be back...

If you don't have a backup, you will have to wait until coderus or Tarek adapt the new syncing.

So: always take a backup

Edit: in this case, i don't mean a complete backup of your phone, just copy your wazapp db-file to your computer, before you delete it.
you can easily move it back to the mentioned folder after reinstalling wazapp.

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-01-10 at 12:06.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp