Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
N9 is no longer supported. So if you require any warranty work, you're going to be stuck.

I once used wp7.5 and could not bare it more than one wk.

Originally Posted by tonyhuynh View Post
I once used wp7.5 and could not bare it more than one wk.
Nokia 820 is WP8. Let's stay relevant.

Even ip not jb really stupid. Ohh, go out of the line..

Originally Posted by tonyhuynh View Post
Even ip not jb really stupid. Ohh, go out of the line..
Huh? I dare you to make less sense.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by leon.anavi View Post
In my opinion N9 is a better device but unfortunately right now Windows Phone is far more commercial and there are more apps for it.
Far more apps for what ? N900, even N810, has some softwares (in some areas) that Windows Phone users only can dream of.

The first post of this thread is non-sense if the desired use is not specified. Maybe a Nokia Asha 302 is better than a N9, depending on the user needs.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Far more apps for what ? N900, even N810, has some softwares (in some areas) that Windows Phone users only can dream of.

The first post of this thread is non-sense if the desired use is not specified. Maybe a Nokia Asha 302 is better than a N9, depending on the user needs.
this, my N9 has way more useful apps available than my wife's L920

she had an Android before and it had way more than both my N9 and the L920

I dont get this WP8 ecosystem argument.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by diogotrc View Post
N9, for sure!
Also, N8, N900, Nokia 701 (Symbian, not 710)

WP sucks!
Although I am a Symbian developer I don't encourage you to buy Symbian devices any more couple of days ago Nokia announced that Nokia 808 PureView is the last Symbian device which means that the OS is dead and software developers have already ramp down the development and support of apps for Symbian.

I am to make this decision as well. I was very happy with my N9 except that it didn't had some apps I wanted and although it's performance wasn't that bad, it wasn't as fluid as WP8 or iOS, either. Also there were no updates for the stock apps and I wasn't very happy with some cons of Twitter and Facebook app.

I'll probably buy Lumia 820 (already sold my N9) but I'll definately miss the great user experience on N9. The swipe gestures and the buttonless UI design is simply unmatchable by any OS out today. Also the typing experience is better on N9. Also I was in love with camera quality of N9 and looking at the camera quality of 820 makes me wanna cry, although I heard some people saying the sensors are identical. The sample pictures taken by Lumia 820 appears to be losing details and too bright. One other point is that 4.3" screen is a little too big for my hand, I like operating my phone with just one hand and it is hard on 4.3" screens.

On the other hand, by buying Lumia 820 you will get a better overall performance (while doing everyday things like browsing web, Facebook, Twitter, using navigation). You will also get an OS that constantly gets updates and new apps. I can only count 2-3 advantages of Lumia 820 but these advantages are really important on daily usage so...

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
my wife's Lumia 920 froze for a good 2 hours yesterday, she was sending a text when it froze, none of the buttons worked, the screen stayed on the message.

I tried holding all of the buttons for lengths of time.

I finally found the way to reset it, hold volume down and power button for 10 seconds and it will restart.