Active Topics

Hi. I'm using the Haze plugin for MSN. Everything works well, except that I can't find a way to log the messaging history onto the web. I already enabled the "Save instant messages" setting in the Outlook web mail. But everything I chat through N900 is not stored (For your reference Yahoo mail does store chat history when I use Pidgin).

Can anyone with experience shed some light for me on how to keep the log on the web?

P/S: One more question: Can we make voice call via MSN with the N900?

Can anyone help?

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Isn't MSN now Skype? (don't know, but I think MS wanted to merge MSN into Skype). Your N900 supports Skype, so you don't need to anything, just wait until MSN is migrated to Skype.

That's easy.
1)Get yourself a gmail account.
2)Install pidgin in your pc + pidgin plugins
3)Now make a transport from your gtalk/xmpp to your msn account
(pidgin: Tools/Discover xmpp services).
This servers have msn<->jabber transport
jabber.yenahnah.co.nz
jabber.hot-chilli.net
(If you don't like giving your credentials to strangers, you should bother to mount your own transport server).
4)You'll need to accept all your msn contacts on the gtalk account.
5)Login from your n900

Now your msn conversations are logged under the gmail/chat label.

I assume as msn is a shitty protocol, this method saves battery/data transfer to your phone, but I can't confirm that.

The Following User Says Thank You to xvan For This Useful Post:
In the end I decided to drop MSN and switch everything to Gtalk.(integrated with Contacts), as it seems faster, doesn't require running Pidgin (thus saving battery). Worked well so far, faster, and has logs.

MSN is just dead.