Active Topics

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Amsterdam
Tried to switch to Community SSU, but seems the repositories are broken. Can somebody let me know what should be in /etc/apt/sources.list to avoid the hash sum mismatches etc.?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
This is reported and known about.

Hash sum mismatch is on extras-devel.
For any issues with repos please see.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88659
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88707

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Amsterdam
Thanks, using the skeiron repos the package manager still failed, but a manual apt-get update / upgrade seems to be working.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I know folks who care & are capable are working on it, but my observation is that the loss of the repositories' functionality has been almost as destructive an event for the Maemo community as Nokia's abandonment of the OS was.

Posts have been down, interest has plummeted, not unexpected since those who enjoy developing *and* those who consume the apps who previously had their interaction facilitated by the forum/repo/communtiy structure are now served only with minimal functionality.

The present survival is those developers who upload to other servers, & those consumers who weigh risk/benefit per case for downloading. Less informed consumers don't have the resources for the analysis and/or technical savvy for using alternate download sources.

It would be nice to get functionality & reliability quickly restored to the repos so that central projects like Modrana could return to the community access of source code/standardized download of software & updates setup that made the Maemo platform appealing. I do wonder though if by this time, enough damage has been done by increasing the numbers of people who can no longer wait losing interest, moving to other platforms, etc. Repo downtime has been a killer.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post: