Some help here. Bump

Originally Posted by allenchuang View Post
Update: I think it might have to do T-Mobile now enforcing customers to pay for Hotspot for an additional $15. Ridiculous BS. Can anyone confirm this?
I am in the U.S. (Houston, Texas) and am on T-Mobile. I can confirm that the Wi-Fi Hotspot still works (I just tested it with my laptop). So, whatever the issue is, it's not that T-Mobile is blocking you. I have a recommendation for getting your WiFi Hotspot working below.

Originally Posted by linking View Post
Yea I am having this issue too. Ever since I updated to pr1.3 I can't seem to get the wifi hotpsot to work. It turns on, but on the computer it only says "no internet connectivity". On N9, it does not show any device connected to it and no data is being uploaded or downloaded.
I have updated to PR 1.3 and can confirm that Wifi Hotspot is still working, so a couple of questions for you. First, does your computer detect your N9 when you have Hotspot running? You can change the SSID with the program if there is any confusion and you can deactivate the encryption just to make sure that you are not accidentally locking yourself out. Give your computer a second to find it, and be sure to refresh the computer's small window showing wifi connections.

Here are some ideas for both of you:

(1) I also recommend using only one Wifi Hotspot method with your N9. I recommend that you download and install N9 QuickTweaks to do this. The link to the thread is here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80600

(2) make sure that you uninstall all wifi hotspot-related programs and reboot your device before you apply the Hotspot tweak in N9QuickTweaks.

(3) Open up N9 QuickTweaks that you installed in step (1), make a back-up with Tweak K, and then use Tweak CC to activate the adhoc to allow WiFi Hotspot to work in the US.

Once Tweak CC has been applied, check to see if the Hotspot program is working for you.

Let me know how it goes, and please feel free to hit the "Thanks" button if this advice helped you.

Good luck.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
I guess it was the password. After I removed the password and left it open, my devices could connect to wifi hotspot. it is weird that it wouldn't connect with the password. thanks alot

The Following User Says Thank You to linking For This Useful Post:
What diffirences does wlan have? If I share my network with N9 to tablet and computer. In computer it works but tablet can't see it. If my friend share with sgs2, then tablet works. Tablet has Android 4.1.1 os. I havent chance hotspot settings. Tablet shout have bgn, havent test.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by kike View Post
What diffirences does wlan have? If I share my network with N9 to tablet and computer. In computer it works but tablet can't see it. If my friend share with sgs2, then tablet works. Tablet has Android 4.1.1 os. I havent chance hotspot settings. Tablet shout have bgn, havent test.
Your Android 4.1.1 tablet must not be having ad-hoc support which is the method via which the N9 shares its connection; just install various Android apps that enable your tablet to discover and connect to ad-hoc networks...

The SGS2 shares its connection via infrastructure wlan instead of ad-hoc hence the difference...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
which apps in android can do that?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
which apps in android can do that?
I use custom roms on my android devices so ad-hoc is usually enabled by the rom dev but if you need, a simple google leads to these:
http://androidtablethacks.com/androi...droid-tablets/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/go...d-hoc-network/
http://www.arenddeboer.com/wifi-ad-h...r-for-android/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I am in the U.S. (Houston, Texas) and am on T-Mobile. I can confirm that the Wi-Fi Hotspot still works (I just tested it with my laptop). So, whatever the issue is, it's not that T-Mobile is blocking you. I have a recommendation for getting your WiFi Hotspot working below.

I have updated to PR 1.3 and can confirm that Wifi Hotspot is still working, so a couple of questions for you. First, does your computer detect your N9 when you have Hotspot running? You can change the SSID with the program if there is any confusion and you can deactivate the encryption just to make sure that you are not accidentally locking yourself out. Give your computer a second to find it, and be sure to refresh the computer's small window showing wifi connections.

Here are some ideas for both of you:

(1) I also recommend using only one Wifi Hotspot method with your N9. I recommend that you download and install N9 QuickTweaks to do this. The link to the thread is here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80600

(2) make sure that you uninstall all wifi hotspot-related programs and reboot your device before you apply the Hotspot tweak in N9QuickTweaks.

(3) Open up N9 QuickTweaks that you installed in step (1), make a back-up with Tweak K, and then use Tweak CC to activate the adhoc to allow WiFi Hotspot to work in the US.

Once Tweak CC has been applied, check to see if the Hotspot program is working for you.

Let me know how it goes, and please feel free to hit the "Thanks" button if this advice helped you.

Good luck.

Question for yourself and Link...

Which hotspot unlocker are you both using?

I'm using spoton in the US on T-Mobile. My Nokia N900 can see my adhoc network, but my kindle fire hd (which doesn't support adhoc networks, so no surprises there), nor my laptop can even see a network.

I've tried it as an open network, wep, all of it. Doesn't even see it as a network.

Can anyone tell me what configuration settings I need to setup? Or should it be that I use spot on, then setup my hotspot and it's visible from any wifi capable computer?

I was able to tether my laptop using nokia pc suite even, and as I said, my SIM free N900 saw the network fine.

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to olympia_biodiesel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I used to be able to connect to the internet via my N9's Wi-Fi Hotspot app. Both Mac and iPad worked well. Recently tethering stopped working. Whenever I connect either of them to the N9, the app indicates an established connection, but there's only 1-2kB of data traffic. Neither can load a webpage and after a minute or so the icon on the N9 has zzz's, which means they're idle. I have called T-Mobile and was assured the tethering is enabled on my plan. What can I do to make tethering work again!?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dinho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
hotspot app is a bit unstable, usually reboot does the trick.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: