Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Would it be a good idea to push "Advanced Settings" up to the menu or even in the main settings menu some how.
This will push it out the way of the main panel tabs IMO.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Would it be a good idea to push "Advanced Settings" up to the menu or even in the main settings menu some how.
This will push it out the way of the main panel tabs IMO.
Indeed, makes a whole lot of sense. It's true, only actual remote controls should be in the list of panels; I only started using panels for other stuff (like macros, searching, advanced settings, etc.) because I was having so much fun putting endless different kinds of panels together.

I'll see what I can do to get the non-remote-control-button oriented controls set up in a more logical way...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Is this latest version available on the wiki package page?
Can't find it through the usual App Manager route. I need to find out what the final resting place is of the catalogues.

EDIT: Belay the last pipe. Found it and updated.

Last edited by stickymick; 2013-04-20 at 01:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
copernicus....did u ever use or heard picloc total ir remote on 6600 symbians . can their ir codes be merged . they have insane varitey of devices incuding ac and it works
so should yours

------------------------

m way too arrogant dont punch me

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
copernicus....did u ever use or heard picloc total ir remote on 6600 symbians . can their ir codes be merged . they have insane varitey of devices incuding ac and it works
Ah, do you mean the Psiloc irRemote applicaton? Yes, I took a look at it; unfortunately, it's a commercial product, and the licensing terms don't look compatible for using it with an open-source project. (Which is annoying, because if you look at their configuration files, they are quite obviously just LIRC config files with a few extra fields. Given that the LIRC is a GPL'd program, I suspect the irRemote is a legally dubious product...)

In any case, even though I started out using bits and pieces of the LIRC server myself, over time I gave up on it and completely redesigned the method I'm using to manage and store ir pulse data. I've gone so far away from their design now that it takes quite a bit of effort to convert the data from an LIRC config file into the form I'm using internally. On the other hand, Pierogi can now store thousands of IR configurations internally, something that LIRC can't do. (Which is probably why irRemote can't do that either.)

But I should mention, you can get the LIRC server itself on the N900; in fact, the irreco app is based on it. So, you can probably take any of the Psiloc config files and just dump them into irreco without too much editing, if you wanted to...

EDIT: And I'll bet that the Psiloc app only supports "stateless" air conditioner remotes. There's just no way to construct an LIRC configuration that would be of any use in a system that dumps state info into each command...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2013-04-20 at 10:44. Reason: added LIRC and A/C

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Yeah i ment that possiblity ! btw perogi is way ahead of ir apps i ever used the 6600 still being used of ir that gladly being replaced by perogi ...
Only device i had no luck is 3110c that i have with an ir any help on same
perogi java

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Only device i had no luck is 3110c that i have with an ir any help on same
perogi java
Hmm. I should say that the N900 is the first Nokia phone I've owned (and, admittedly, given the way Nokia is headed, it may be my last). Looking at the specs of the 3110c, the current Pierogi design may be a little on the heavy side for it. But I don't think it would necessarily be impossible to do. Even converting it to Java could be done, although I'm using a few C++ tricks right now that might not be available in Java.

If you're interested, the Pierogi source code is available, if you want to try porting it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Naughty pie
no java needed
carry on the devlopment

Another Pierogi update is now making its way up to extras-devel. I've gotten far enough along in my attempt to create controls for a "stateful" air conditioner remote that I figured I should make it available for testing. There is exactly one keyset available, "Samsung Air Conditioner 2". Sadly, I'm not even certain which Samsung air conditioner(s) it will control, that info just wasn't available. But, whichever AC it was, this one had the most complete decoding analysis available on the net.

There are two new panels available in the "Air Conditioner Panels" section to control the Samsung AC; "Stateful AC" and "Timer". Using these panels is rather different from the others; first, you need to select all the settings you want to send, then you press the "Send Command" button to upload all those settings at once to the air conditioner.

And yes, the user interface is ugly (even by my standards). I'm really only putting this out there in the forlorn hope that somebody has a compatible AC unit and can do some testing for me.

Getting codes for other ACs may be nearly impossible. The effort that the experts at the hifi-remotes website put into this one was nothing short of amazing. Normally, nobody bothers to record and analyze stateful IR pulses because, honestly, you can't do anything with them -- universal IR remotes simply can't handle state information. Even the LIRC server would need a major overhaul to deal with these protocols.

Which, I guess, may make this something of a world first; your N900 can potentially now do something no other IR device can manage.

Also in this update, a fix for a protocol bug that was affecting a Strong keyset.

As always, please let me know if you find any bugs! Thanks.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I like the automated keyset search function. Tried it out on the TVs at work (all different brands) and the majority of them 8/10 switched off when a keyset match was found.
However, it's a big ask, but would it be possible to make the search pause automatically when a keyset match is found to give a bit of time to make a note of the name of the keyset so it can be found again?

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control