Active Topics

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
You might be just a lucky one that has bought used device with broken CMT hardware, so you will never get phonecalls to work, but you can use it as wifi device or as spareparts to your next N9 phone that you buy.
So you think there isn't any hope for me anymore?
If this is the case I dont think my next phone will be a N9 . . .

Haven't tried the cold flash actually. How does it change from the normal flash except the c at the end instead of f?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by polomarko View Post
So you think there isn't any hope for me anymore?
If this is the case I dont think my next phone will be a N9 . . .

Haven't tried the cold flash actually. How does it change from the normal flash except the c at the end instead of f?
Full flash:

sudo flasher -c -f -F main.bin -R

vs flash only firmware and leave cmt dead:

sudo flasher -c -f -F main.bin --flash-only=nolo,kernel,rootfs -R
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Full flash:

Ok I'll try right away the full flash. Should I use the sudo command, because I'm on windows not linux and I have only used flasher?

Ok I'll try right away the full flash. Should I use the sudo command, because I'm on windows not linux and I have only used flasher?
havent tried cold flashing

Last edited by rswelter; 2013-05-10 at 15:31.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rswelter View Post
havent tried cold flashing
What does cold flashing have to do with running a command with higher privileges?

@polomarko
" 'sudo' on linux" -eq " 'run as administrator' on windows", so something you already have done, as flasher runs only with admin privileges on Win.

Just go ahead and follow rainisto's path.
Maybe try a warm flash directly after the cold flash (idk, but heard/read smth like that).

And one more thing:
Originally Posted by rswelter View Post
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY
_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin --flash-only=cmt -f
try again with the sim tray main 059K172 the 1.3PR version
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY
_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin --flash-only=cmt -f
When trying to flash a cmt from another sw release you need to give the ape-algo from current release, so your command should look like:
flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin --flash-only=cmt -f
Otherwise it is pointless, as it would be a normal flashing operation...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-05-10 at 16:29.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
What does cold flashing have to do with running a command with higher privileges?

@polomarko
" 'sudo' on linux" -eq " 'run as administrator' on windows", so something you already have done, as flasher runs only with admin privileges on Win.

Just go ahead and follow rainisto's path.
Maybe try a warm flash directly after the cold flash (idk, but heard/read smth like that).

And one more thing:

When trying to flash a cmt from another sw release you need to give the ape-algo from current release, so your command should look like:
flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_009-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001[-OEM1-958_ARM.bin --flash-only=cmt -f
Otherwise it is pointless, as it would be a normal flashing operation...
I was not advocating the use of cold flashing in Polomarkos problem. as I said, I have not tried it. though I would like to learn about it. thanks for the input.
ahh I see your last comment, yes I learned that the hard way. I should of mentioned that for the CMT flash.

Last edited by rswelter; 2013-05-10 at 16:34.

I've been trying to flash the N9 in order to reboot it, but after i give the flasher -R command, and plug in the phone, the cmd screen remains at "Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonenet) not found, waiting..." and remains that way.

The Driver Software Installation on my Windows 7 says "Unidentified Device - Device uplugged"

The phone, meanwhile, is charging so its evidently connected.

What could be the problem?

Originally Posted by tenthnazgul View Post
I've been trying to flash the N9 in order to reboot it, but after i give the flasher -R command, and plug in the phone, the cmd screen remains at "Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonenet) not found, waiting..." and remains that way.

The Driver Software Installation on my Windows 7 says "Unidentified Device - Device uplugged"

was the phone off when you plugged it in?

The Following User Says Thank You to rswelter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tenthnazgul View Post

Resolved.
I unplugged it and replugged it a few times, and Windows magically found the updates itself.

If anyone else is facing the same issue though, these should help:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/
which i found from here:
http://everythingn9.com/update-pr1-2-nokia-n9/

Alternatively http://www.mitsdrivers.com/pages_n9-drivers.html

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ India
Full flash:

Could you please tell what you mean by "leave cmt dead" ?
I guess you know a lot about cmt flashing process and what it doesn exactly. I am also facing sim card error issue and when i flashed chinese fw cmt only , I am getting phone to work but only 50% of times. It shows sim error, no IMEI number when it does not.

I used command
flasher -F chinesemain.bin --flash-only=cmt -f

But now there seems to be some more info about ape-algo also.As one more person, Peter has posted.
Can you please clarify more?

Tags
flashing, nokia n9