Notices

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Too lucrative app
at least think about the n900 in some point of time
it will breath a fresh air into it
I'll let someone else think about that after I manage to open source the app at some point. I have no experience nor access to N900 so I think I'll skip that and concentrate on N9 (and perhaps on other modern platforms).

The Following User Says Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Good news. I'm going to post the update to the Store today. It should be available within a week if everything goes well. Since there were quite a lot of changes, I decided to release it as 1.4.0. Here is the final (hope so!) changelog:
* Changed default device pixel ratio to 1.5
* Implemented widget settings view
* Implemented a widget setting to use device pixel ratio of 1.0
* Implemented support for viewport meta tag
* Implemented support for update discovery and installation for packaged Firefox OS web apps
* Implemented window.matchMedia() to support Marketplace browser detection of mobile device
* Implemented support for loading widget icons from data URIs (only works inside manager for now)
* Implemented navigator.mozApps.getSelf()
* Implemented support for locked screen orientation via tizen:setting element
* Fixed Firefox OS Marketplace widget to use UA string not detected as an Android device
* Fixed trying to install newer versions of packaged Firefox OS web apps saying it's already installed
* Fixed widget details page to show it's header text with same color as other pages do
* Fixed update description document ETags to support broader character set via base64 encoding
* Fixed installing packaged Firefox OS web app from Marketplace when temp directory does not exist
* Fixed widget update description document being downloaded when server return 304 status code
* Fixed docked view mode viewport being slightly bigger than the shown area

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by sviox View Post
I'll let someone else think about that after I manage to open source the app at some point. I have no experience nor access to N900 so I think I'll skip that and concentrate on N9 (and perhaps on other modern platforms).
thanx for the kind words

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Woah! Looks like a big changelog! Impatient for trying the new version, many thanks for your work!

Originally Posted by sviox View Post
Good news. I'm going to post the update to the Store today. It should be available within a week if everything goes well. Since there were quite a lot of changes, I decided to release it as 1.4.0. Here is the final (hope so!) changelog:
* Changed default device pixel ratio to 1.5
* Implemented widget settings view
* Implemented a widget setting to use device pixel ratio of 1.0
* Implemented support for viewport meta tag
* Implemented support for update discovery and installation for packaged Firefox OS web apps
* Implemented window.matchMedia() to support Marketplace browser detection of mobile device
* Implemented support for loading widget icons from data URIs (only works inside manager for now)
* Implemented navigator.mozApps.getSelf()
* Implemented support for locked screen orientation via tizen:setting element
* Fixed Firefox OS Marketplace widget to use UA string not detected as an Android device
* Fixed trying to install newer versions of packaged Firefox OS web apps saying it's already installed
* Fixed widget details page to show it's header text with same color as other pages do
* Fixed update description document ETags to support broader character set via base64 encoding
* Fixed installing packaged Firefox OS web app from Marketplace when temp directory does not exist
* Fixed widget update description document being downloaded when server return 304 status code
* Fixed docked view mode viewport being slightly bigger than the shown area
Forgot to mention a random issue I discovered and ran into a couple of times. Sometimes when installing a packaged app (whatever type) the manager app dies to 'Killed' message right after the installation. If this happens, don't worry, the app still gets installed perfectly without any corruptions or such.

This happened so rarely and with the installation practically complete (you may need to create the launcher entry from widget settings if you encounter this) that I decided to postpone fixing it to the next version. If anyone knows what causes this kind of process death, please let me know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Just installed version 1.4!! It seems way better, thanks

Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Just installed version 1.4!! It seems way better, thanks
Thanks! Was about to write that it should be available any hour now - but it's good to know it's already available

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sviox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Thanks for the update.
I saw an update for the firefox marketplace from 0.01 to 0.02. I hit 'update' but it seems the installation is not done properly: it is stuck with the bar filed (as if download complete) but nothing else happening and the market place seems to be still at 0.01?

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Thanks for the update.
I saw an update for the firefox marketplace from 0.01 to 0.02. I hit 'update' but it seems the installation is not done properly: it is stuck with the bar filed (as if download complete) but nothing else happening and the market place seems to be still at 0.01?
That's weird. If that keeps happening, you should always be able to get it installed by removing the installed version and installing the new one cleanly.

Or if you have developer mode enabled and are willing to help, I could assist you in taking some logs from the case and check if I can find out what's causing that.

hi sviox.. Thanks for your app.
I think there is a bug. In the firefox market there is grey rectangle hide what is behind it. A screen shot in the attachment.
Attached Images