Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
There's video interview from today in finnish media where the guy demoing the Jolla phone says that the back plate design has interface for hardware add ons.
Thanks for sharing - that is pretty cool, having looked at some of the attempts to add hw keyboard to the N9. I understand if this isn't available yet, but it actually opens up the possibilities.

The price is decent, but then, this isn't really a high end device on the hardware level. That's probably smart, if it means they can get out a higher volume. Volume is more important than margins at this point.

As for availability/volume target, this looks to me more like they try to be a N9 than a Google Developer Phone. If that's correct, then volumes are definitively important from day 1 to be able to document a market presence.

We all know an upstarters first phone won't get 3% market share alone, but the target is probably set so they can be taken seriously when they later tell future investors a claim like "we had a decent demand and reception so far, now we are setting our target to % of the smartphone market within y years".

Last edited by volt; 2013-05-22 at 11:20.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by volt View Post
<SNIP>
Just so you know, the new "general discussion" thread is here, this thread was moved to off-topic some time go.
There's one other thread targeted specifically towards "Ideas/Qns & Concerns/Criticisms"...

Thank you.

Yes, I find myself off-topic 100% of the time ever since my Maemo device semi-died. If the thread isn't already off-topic, I will prompty attract one of the forum troll's personalities.

My idle speculations are not worthy of being called an Idea or Criticism. I just wanted to share my POV on having a decent price on the new device.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
A thanks is not possible in this sub-forum, so just a +1 for you

What's wrong with this thread for general discussion? Even more important: does the "other thread" have the sailing adventures that Dave999 posts?! If not, it's not worth my time ;-)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
What's wrong with this thread for general discussion? Even more important: does the "other thread" have the sailing adventures that Dave999 posts?! If not, it's not worth my time ;-)
I Concur.. !

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
@ggabriel & @Dave999:
jalyst sees himself as the unofficial off-topic police here
Just ignore !

I'm not too worried to be honest, and it's all good with jalyst - I always appreciate someone who wants to put some order.

At any rate, the other more serious threads are also derailing. In a way, it's good news for Jolla.

I'm wondering how many people actually paid money to preorder.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla