Notices

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Funny. I read ivgalvez's suggestion as, "this should replace osso-chess in CSSU". Not that it should be exclusively for CSSU users only.
The problem is that whenever something is included with CSSU it has to be compiled for CSSU which makes the packages (mostly) incompatible with non-CSSU.

A good example is a Qt application. If it's included in CSSU it is compiled with Qt 4.7.4, which stock Maemo doesn't have.

Given the shortcomings of so-called "modern" software development (aka "bump abi" , the chance that Qt 4.7.4 is compatible with, say, 4.7.3 is vanishingly small.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,446 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Please note I did not justify his opinion or offered my own. Merely interpreted it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Hi it seems that after installing this nuw grafics the chess program was deletted same happened with mahjong.
How can I reinstall them?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to guilledoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,446 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
The stock apps are called osso-chess-ui and osso-mahjong. Just reinstall them. You might not be able to use HAM (Hildon Application Manager) for that, you may need to use FAM (Faster Application Manager - select "All (advanced)") and/or the command line (sudo apt-get install).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Out of curiosity - while this program doesn't *force"*to use closed source graphics and sounds, it really *must* force not using them?

On system, where osso-chess-ui wasn't present (but closed graphic and sounds packages were left intact), it forces removing them upon installation of libre counterparts. Same happens for other recently liberated Maemo games.

Not that I advocate using closed bits - I'm just curious, as more choices=more freedom.

Supporting Aapo's idea,

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-06-07 at 03:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Out of curiosity - while this program doesn't *force"*to use closed source graphics and sounds, it really *must* force not using them?
Think game-package as a metapackage, which installs engine+graphics+sounds. Engine is the same even it comes from different package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:

Tags
chess, nokia n900