Active Topics

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
Originally Posted by badazimer View Post
After updated to CSSU-testing 8.2 I have a new bug: if I starting device from power-button - i see white screen Nokia & after that - device shutdown. This repeated 1-2 time & after that device started normal.
Maybe it associate with - nowaday in the morning, alarm not worked when device were shut down. (install CSSU-testing yesterday)
please, help! Problem doesn't disappear!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badazimer For This Useful Post:
Sorry pal, no idea, to low ammount of details and no logs from syslog/whaever. You seems to be only one with such problem, with *seems* to indicate, that it may be related to particular things you've installed/modified in your system.

Without wide technical overwiew on WTF was state of your device, we can't help. You may want to reflash, then install cssu-test on *vanilla* system, before other modifications/programs. If problem doesn't manifest itself, then, it's not CSSU's fault.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by petur View Post
I was going to write that this has nothing to do with profiled since I didn't have it, turns out I actually have, BUT I can't really remember installing it.
Everybody has profiled. It is the package responsible for switching between General and Silent profiles. Trust me, removing it is a major undertaking, thanks to an intricate mishmash of dependencies.

+1 for your "rant".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
For the record, I have profiled 0.0.18+0m5 so we can stop blaming a newer profiled?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Should I update to 8.2 now and deal with the problems myself or wait for bugfixes?

The Following User Says Thank You to razefox2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Yesterday I had to remove battery from N900, when I put it back it booted up after third time - so I was happy enough that it escaped from boot loop.
After that (without removing battery - right one was already inside) I switched device off, and tried to tun it on. The same stoty few boot loops and finally booted ok. I'm not even writing about ringtones :-D cause that was with no changes, a mess.

So having now only one device with all docs and stuff I need, as a N900 in working condition, I decidet to roll back to CSSU-T 7.2 which was the las one compleatly stable for me. So after doing so, with no problems what so ever, helped with booting. It's booting like it supposed to.

But when (after rolling back to 7.2) I sended testing text message - just to make sure, the ring tone was wtill f up. So 1st txt was with default Message1 tone, 2nd without sound, 3rd with user choosen tone. So I edited the 99.custom.ini file in profiled, choosing the right tones for each event (of course moving the copy of both files before messing around in safe place). Now it's ringing like it should, right tones for right event.

So my point is, the ringtone bug exists, and for sure it came to me after CSSU-T8, but rolling back to T7.2 did not helped at all. But T8.x is still in very early testing stage - and after boot loop got me too after "boot loop fix" update, I decided to go back to T7.2

Good bless, champs. Keep up the good work with CSSU's it is amazing to see new stuff coming into N900.

Edit: I was testing again with ringtones (call and text) after reboot. So editing the 99.custom.ini file which is located in /etc/profiled/99.custom.ini helped me to solve the ringtone mess.

Last edited by Garrett_PL; 2013-06-17 at 13:09. Reason: Testing

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
I'm using last version of CSSU (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo8.2) and have no any problems with it...

The Following User Says Thank You to murik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
I don’t have orientation-lock-applet, when I install 8.2 - this app did not automatically installed. When I searched the app in HAM - can’t find it. Its normal?

The Following User Says Thank You to badazimer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by badazimer View Post
I don’t have orientation-lock-applet, when I install 8.2 - this app did not automatically installed. When I searched the app in HAM - can’t find it. Its normal?
try apt-cache search orientation lock applet
I set it manually

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murik For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing