Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Emmc would cost at most rs 600 to 900 just wait i will try to give you the exact figures
I found my eMMC drive. It also comes programmed with a bootloader and Android OS, so no further flashing is needed after installing the new piece. It's 17 dollars and it will come to Romania in 4 weeks after I place the command. I sent an e-mail to those boys in the service but no reply yet. I'm not going to rush in this, because I need a proper confirmation that they are going to do it, otherwise it will be just a waste of money.

Does somebody have the schematics for the N900 GSM Chip and what needs to be checked/replaced?

I have this picture uploaded with a close-up, now, which is the driver, and what to search for? (I touched all 4 of them with the soldering iron, so all 4 of them may be out of place)

Tips?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Very high chances for the htc recovery you are too lucky to find programmed emmc i remember once i also got a programmed flash chip the guy whow would be replacing has less hassels to face as he can try instantly without fiddling with a computer . Anyway later a flash will be needed and i am out of town so cant view the 900 kb picture on my 5610d will have a look after h get home
i have schematics of it i will tell what to check just wait

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Very high chances for the htc recovery you are too lucky to find programmed emmc i remember once i also got a programmed flash chip the guy whow would be replacing has less hassels to face as he can try instantly without fiddling with a computer . Anyway later a flash will be needed and i am out of town so cant view the 900 kb picture on my 5610d will have a look after h get home
i have schematics of it i will tell what to check just wait
Well a reflash is always needed. Because I will need to S-OFF the security of the H-BOOT and install a custom recovery, so I can recover it more easily when I have another SW problem.

I just got an e-mail from the service and the price for replacing that part is 200RON (Romanian money) that is equal to 45 EUROS. So I'm pretty much under half of the devices value, so, I'm okay with that. And yes, another Desire user bought a chip like that, installed it and the phone booted for the 1st time without any additional programming. So yes, I can say I am pretty lucky!

And about what I need to check... DON'T! I won't check anything by myself that is that small and fragile. I will stick to my old bulky hardware knowledge, where a soldering iron is all you need (amplifiers, mixers and stuff like that). Give me a list, and teach me what to say to that guy in service.

Thanks!

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Give me a list, and teach me what to say to that guy in service.

Thanks!
All you need to tell him is to replace the old chip from the motherboard with the new one that you bought, assuming you will do the reflashing afterwards.
I really hope he know the right temperature for the motherboard, how to apply flux, and other soldering knowlege. However i lost my trust in services long ago.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ryu1 View Post
All you need to tell him is to replace the old chip from the motherboard with the new one that you bought, assuming you will do the reflashing afterwards.
I really hope he know the right temperature for the motherboard, how to apply flux, and other soldering knowlege. However i lost my trust in services long ago.
No ryu, here we were talking about the N900 GSM Driver chip. And because I touched all of them with the soldering iron, maybe all of them will need a reblalling process.

I was waiting for a schematics so I can show that guy in service exactly what to check for the N900.

The HTC is as fixed, no worries for that phone anymore. I trust this service because, they have only positive feedbacks about their fixes.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I was waiting for a schematics
Any of these any good?

http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Hardware_Hacking
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Hardware_Schematic
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56986
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=23

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-06-25 at 16:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Trust me, I don't know, but I am going to print them, and give them in the service

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Print the level 3 and 4 and give it to them it will be of little help as you said they were able to replace an ic i will say they are damm good and delligent as i dont have a n900 and coudnt look your pic closley hard to say what to check let me go home and check the schemas
just dont tell them you used soldering iron or they will go crazy and charge a lot like i do

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Print the level 3 and 4 and give it to them it will be of little help as you said they were able to replace an ic i will say they are damm good and delligent as i dont have a n900 and coudnt look your pic closley hard to say what to check let me go home and check the schemas
just dont tell them you used soldering iron or they will go crazy and charge a lot like i do
Heh, but it's not fair. It's not a miracle that the chips failed completely, it was my hand, holding a soldering iron so they need to know, maybe a reflow is enough. I am going to print whatever seems important and related to that zone and those chips. Also, about the pics I posted I'm sorry, that's the flash quality on close-up pictures.

P.S. I will send the motherboard in service on about 25th of July, because on 25th this month I will get my paycheck and order the memory chip for the HTC, after that I will wait for about 1 month for the order to get in my country.

P.S.S. For each and every one of you, and I will post this even in the repair wiki that I created, please go to your local Orange store and make insurance for your phone. For my new HTC 8s (brand new with 2 years warranty) I pay 3 euros per month for full extended insurance meaning I get a new replacement phone ON WHATEVER PROBLEM MY PHONE HAS and it doesn't matter EVEN IF THE PHONE IS EXTREMELY OUTDATED I will get an exact replacement (not another HTC model, not a Nokia, not a Samsung, but EXACTLY a brand new HTC 8s). Insurance covers every hardware problem I could get. Ex: I dropped the phone broke the digitizer and the LCD, the insurance will cover it. I broke my USB port, the insurance will cover it, and so on. Go there, get informed. Here is a link: http://www.orange.lu/phone/options/m...nes/index.html for Orange Luxembourg (I went here because it was the first result IN ENGLISH and not my LOCAL LANGUAGE).

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
P.S.S. For each and every one of you, and I will post this even in the repair wiki that I created, please go to your local Orange store and make insurance for your phone. For my new HTC 8s (brand new with 2 years warranty) I pay 3 euros per month for full extended insurance meaning I get a new replacement phone ON WHATEVER PROBLEM MY PHONE HAS and it doesn't matter EVEN IF THE PHONE IS EXTREMELY OUTDATED I will get an exact replacement (not another HTC model, not a Nokia, not a Samsung, but EXACTLY a brand new HTC 8s). Insurance covers every hardware problem I could get. Ex: I dropped the phone broke the digitizer and the LCD, the insurance will cover it. I broke my USB port, the insurance will cover it, and so on. Go there, get informed. Here is a link: http://www.orange.lu/phone/options/m...nes/index.html for Orange Luxembourg (I went here because it was the first result IN ENGLISH and not my LOCAL LANGUAGE).
So, if i ensure my nokia n900, and something happens, will they give me a brand new n900? I thought n900's are very hard to find this days, i barely find mine at vodafone (it was from a very old stock)

The Following User Says Thank You to ryu1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
dual-sim, nokia n900, solar charging, usb host