Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
@abll I Have the same problem today. Any Idea how to solve it???
Edit: One reinstall and reboot later it is now working! Great app. If it was not working, I'd have been forced to flash.

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2010-11-02 at 11:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Edit: One reinstall and reboot later it is now working! Great app. If it was not working, I'd have been forced to flash.
Unfortunatley it happened to me again a month later. Now I tried reinstalling, flashing, etc. It still wont open. Anybody, please help me?? Is it a dependency issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ldrn View Post
Ah, sorry... there's all sorts of things that can make it more complicated. Well, first, what format is your comic file in? A zip, rar, tar, tar.gz or tar.bz (bzipped and gzipped tar files) are archives that contain images (jpg, png, etc). Sometimes, cbz or cbr are used instead, but those are just zip files and rar files with a different extension so a comic reading program will open instead of an archive unpacking program. You can also just use a folder with a collection of images in it, but it's less convenient.

Once it's on the SD card (N810 or N900) you can open it by running Comix, tapping the "Comix" title part for the menu, and going "File" then "Open". Right now, with Comix, you probably start out in the /home/user directory your first time -- browse to the SD card by tapping the "Up" arrow in the top left until you no longer can, then go to "media" and "Memory card".

Once there, you should be able to select the comic file if it's one of those.

CBR Pager has the proper hildonized file open dialog, which should just have "N900" and "Memory Card" as options. Same basic directions, except no need to go to the "Media" folder -- and you probably start out at the fake 'root', too.

Re-opening a 3 year old thread, after some searching this should be the thread to ask this question

I do not have the possibility to go to media/memory card in Comix. I see folders acct, and, bin. Then follows cache, config, data which are greyed out. Afther that it is dev, etc, initrd, lib and some more folders. I do not have the media folder. Does anybody know how to access the SD card?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Well, I installed Comix on Nokia N900, and in File->Open, it uses almost stock file-dialogue. In it, I see directory /home/user:
Nokia N900
Xorg.0
et cetera
I cannot navigate to root directory ("/") (I can navigate to "/home", and not higher). I don't have a memory card which I could insert into the device. Maybe, you could navigate to "/home/user" directory and see whether there is an-external-memory-card alongside with Nokia N900?
Best wishes. Bumping the thread...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
It works now, I see N900 and my SD card in the menu! Don't know why the menu changed overnight, but hey, no complaints from my side.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Fr For This Useful Post: