Posts: 38 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Colorado
Hmm. I've upgraded to 2008OS, on the N800, and suddenly, I can no longer pair anymore. Whether I go to the Bluetooth>New Device route, or Bluetooth Keyboard, I press the keys to make the keyboard discoverable (the iGo Stowaway, as above), then it is detected. I choose OK, and get a passcode. I tap OK, and IMMEDIATELY get "Pairing failed. Try again?" I've also tried typing the passcode FIRST, but that doesn't work either. Tips?

Later: I see someone had a similar issue with the SU-8W keyboard. Since I did restore my backup, that might be the cause. Is there some way to make the Nokia forget the previous setting? Is that the issue here?

Later still: in Control Panel>Tools, there's a Clear Device option. however, one is then prompted for a "lock code." Haven't got one, I think! (OK, anOTHER search finds 1234 or 12345 is supposed to work. I'll try that now.)

Last edited by jaslar; 2008-01-29 at 23:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaslar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
I had a bunch of failures, until I typed the passcode, then pressed OK. I think it just kept trying until it timed everything right.

Then only a reboot made it all work right, I couldn't bring up the regular stylus keyboard until I did.

I can't figure out the logic of what brings up that bottom word completion bar though...

Thats a key step in pairing- type the code on the board. It doesnt appear to be doing anything, but that registers the board..type the 4 digits you see and push enter. Oh, it goes with out saying you need to be sure the green light on your board is flashing while you do all this.
Today I had the good fortune of going in the conference room, turning on my N800, taking out my IGO stowaway; opening it and by some miracle I have yet to understand- Bluetooth indicator went blue and I was writing in the note text editor with no additional pairing or hassling.. Worked all day and never lost contact too. What a pleasure.!

how do you turn off predictive text? it really slows down typing.

viktorfrankl, I think I can help with that. In 2008 OS, Control panel>Text input settings>Languages>1st language settings> then uncheck word completion and next word prediction. It took some hunting around to find it, though.

I did try entering the keys both before and after pressing OK -- without apparent effect. This is a major problem!

The Following User Says Thank You to jaslar For This Useful Post:
word, that worked for me!

Originally Posted by jaslar View Post
Hmm. I've upgraded to 2008OS, on the N800, and suddenly, I can no longer pair anymore. Whether I go to the Bluetooth>New Device route, or Bluetooth Keyboard, I press the keys to make the keyboard discoverable (the iGo Stowaway, as above), then it is detected. I choose OK, and get a passcode. I tap OK, and IMMEDIATELY get "Pairing failed. Try again?" I've also tried typing the passcode FIRST, but that doesn't work either. Tips?
I am seeing the same issue. I had my iGo paired two days ago. I then updated to OS2008 yesterday. Now I have no keyboard. All attempts to pair give no time to enter the code on the keyboard.

Has anyone seen a solution yet? It feels like an OS2008 issue at this point as it is not waiting for the code to be entered on the keyboard.

Thanks,
Strick9

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Indiana, USA
I've tried everything that I've read here and elsewhere on my new (to me) N800 with OS2008 just flashed. No luck. 'Course never had any luck with the IGO and the 770 either. I've tried different sequences when entering the pass code, but still nothing. Any ideas out there? TIA, Carl

So it seems that we have some verified reports of this happening to more than one person. The good news: I'm not crazy. (Well, no, I can't conclude that. But the report of the problem is confirmed.) The bad news: if there's no other tip than "keep trying," what happens next? Do we actually have developers here who we can hope will see this, and try to work on it?

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Did you try typing the 4 digit code + enter BEFORE hitting OK?

Alternatively, try the code, then OK, then enter. I suspect it's timing out really quickly.