Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by tanago View Post
Changing ipp element in gdigicam.conf to "dspipp" will produce A LOT better images but with one issue: 1 of every 4-5 images will cause the camera app to crash or will be corrupted (saved as 0 kbytes) and that is very sad if you have to capture on the moment and exactly that photo gets corrupted. Can somebody(including me) trace that issue and how? dmesg doen't show any output about it...
Changed to true and dspipp, shutdown and turned on N900. Crashed while taking second photo. DCIM folder showed only one file, but it had length 0.

kernel-cssu, thumb2 and I have fcam installed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Tschaka View Post
Either way, here is my config just so we make sure there are no differences in the conf file to exclude that it's just a parameter problem at your side
The only difference between our files is the jpeg encoding plugin - yours is dspjpegenc, mine - jpegenc and mine doesnt make any problems when i comment out ipp element, but I will try it out to be sure.

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
@Tschaka
Where is that configuration file located?
/etc/gdigicam/gdigicam-camerabin.conf

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
where is file located and what to edit ? and anyone know how to raise photo quality to 100% ?
/etc/gdigicam/gdigicam-camerabin.conf

change first line to true(allow the camera to read that file)
change dspjpegenc to jpegenc (dsp plugin doesnt read quality/compression setting)
change '#quality=95' to 'quality=100' to set photo quality to 100%

Now save the file and restart N900 to apply the changes.

If you want to test the ipp(post-processing effect-better quality)
try this
[imagepp]
element=dspipp

again save and restart
tell us if you experience the 0kbytes bug

Originally Posted by iceskateclog View Post
Changed to true and dspipp, shutdown and turned on N900. Crashed while taking second photo. DCIM folder showed only one file, but it had length 0.

kernel-cssu, thumb2 and I have fcam installed
yes, same problem...

btw how do you install fcam drivers when they depend on kp<=44

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
yes, same problem...
Maybe not. Just tried default file with only change to

"useconfigfile=true"

Now crashes while starting.

Tried with/without dspipp, jpegenc/dspjpegenc. After changing to useconfigfile=false, Camera works.

Configfile is the same as in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=988 except dspipp is ipp.

btw how do you install fcam drivers when they depend on kp<=44
fcam-drivers is from extras-devel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
The only difference between our files is the jpeg encoding plugin - yours is dspjpegenc, mine - jpegenc and mine doesnt make any problems when i comment out ipp element, but I will try it out to be sure.

Ok, I now changed the encoding plugin to jpegenc and quality to 100%. the ipp is still set to dspipp. Photo files are now around 2.5-3 MB big, so I suppose this applied.

Restarted, took 8 photos in a row and no problem. I'll keep the setting at that and will try after using the phone for a while and having other application running at the same time.

Also, I don't think I got fcam installed.

Cheers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Ok, I now changed the encoding plugin to jpegenc and quality to 100%. the ipp is still set to dspipp. Photo files are now around 2.5-3 MB big, so I suppose this applied.

Restarted, took 8 photos in a row and no problem. I'll keep the setting at that and will try after using the phone for a while and having other application running at the same time.

Also, I don't think I got fcam installed.

Cheers
Thats nice, with dspipp,jpegenc and 100% quality photos are 2.5-3 MB indeed and thats the best photo quality that we can achieve on our N900. But you seem not to run into that problem. Now how must I investigate whats wrong with my setup ....

Could you tell me what's the version of your camera-ui? mine is 1.1.29.2+0cssu16. and also the version of libgdigicam0, libgdigicam-gst-camerabin0 and if you run CSSU xyz?

Last edited by tanago; 2013-07-15 at 11:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Thats nice, with dspipp,jpegenc and 100% quality photos are 2.5-3 MB indeed and thats the best photo quality that we can achieve on our N900. But you seem not to run into that problem. Now how must I investigate whats wrong with my setup ....

Could you tell me what's the version of your camera-ui? mine is 1.1.29.2+0cssu16. and also the version of libgdigicam0, libgdigicam-gst-camerabin0 and if you run CSSU xyz?
First, regarding the issue, I had camera-ui crash on me once when I took another set of photos, but in general it crashed only once through the course of taking 30 pictures with the settings I am sporting now. (edit: and it was also crashing at dspjpegenc without the dspipp enabled and resolution at 1.3MP before, but rarely, so I suppose that was one of those it-happens-sometimes-anyway-crashes.)

Anyway, here are my versions:

camera-ui 1.1.29.2+0cssu15+thumb0
libgdicicam0 0.3.29.2+cssu1+thumb0
libgdicicam0-gst-camerabin0 0.3.29.2+cssu1+thumb0

I am running latest CSSU-Thumb (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo8.2+thumb1). Before I was running 7.2+thumb1, and inbetween those two releases, CSSU-Testing was released in versions 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo8 to 8.2 to which I did not upgrade but instead waited for the new 8.2 thumb version which was released one or two days ago.

Also, as I said I am still running the v51 power kernel. The phone is overclocked to 805Mhz.

Last edited by Tschaka; 2013-07-15 at 12:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Just to mention.
dspipp will not work if you dont have 720p recording or at least libgstdsp.so from it's thread because dspipp element is in that module.

I'm now testing different video and photo encoding elements and their properties hoping we can get even better quality photos and videos

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Just to mention.
dspipp will not work if you dont have 720p recording or at least libgstdsp.so from it's thread because dspipp element is in that module.

I'm now testing different video and photo encoding elements and their properties hoping we can get even better quality photos and videos
Now we get there. Should have said that earlier, as I never looked into any tweaking of photo or video taking.

I now copied the libgstdsp.so to /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so like described in the 720p thread and am now running into the problem, that the camera application simply closes after taking the picture due to an internal error and the photos are saved with 0 KB. So something is wrong there, I don't know what. Note, I did not install the whole 720p thing, never dealt with that, so I am just having that one lib on my system. Anything else I am missing or anyway else I can help? Otherwise I'll simply delete that lib again and reboot and will go without dsp, as the photos already look pretty nice now with all the other tweaks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
what about video encoding ? using another profile?
CSSU-T latest version

The Following User Says Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
Now we get there. Should have said that earlier, as I never looked into any tweaking of photo or video taking.

I now copied the libgstdsp.so to /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so like described in the 720p thread and am now running into the problem, that the camera application simply closes after taking the picture due to an internal error and the photos are saved with 0 KB. So something is wrong there, I don't know what. Note, I did not install the whole 720p thing, never dealt with that, so I am just having that one lib on my system. Anything else I am missing or anyway else I can help? Otherwise I'll simply delete that lib again and reboot and will go without dsp, as the photos already look pretty nice now with all the other tweaks.
You dont need the whole 720p thing, just the libgstdsp.so placed in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/

then you have 2 options to revert to the stock libgstdsp
1. Backup the stock file before replacing.
Code:
apt-get purge gstreamer0.10-dsp
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-dsp
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
what about video encoding ? using another profile?
Yes im testing all profiles and how the phone handles them and then pick the best - speed/quality, same applies for photos

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle