Active Topics

Notices

I use CSSU-Thumb, which is CSSu-Testing compiled for thumb + sometimes, more bleeeding-edge versions of some packages (although, considered safe for use).

Hoever, while CSSu-Thumb is latest and greatest re N900's performance, it require kernel containing approriate fixes, and at least slight understanding what the whole thumb thing is all about. If you don't feel confident with it, and/or don't have time to read upon it and learn what it is about, you should be perfectly safe using CSSU-Testing.

In perfect world, the Stable version you're using would be perfect for your use case - but in reality it is extremely poorly maintained (lack of people interested in it, versus Testing, which leaves individuals immersed in Maemo to rather shallow level, as Stable maintainers), updated "once in a great bell", thus, as you noticed yourself, severely outdated, lacking major improvements and functionalities.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-08-29 at 16:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 215 | Thanked: 448 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Burgas, Bulgaria
Is somebody still working on camera-ui?

Bug N1: Quality of photos made with camera-ui is worse (more pixelized) than taking a photo with the following simple command line:
Code:
gst-launch v4l2src num-buffers=1 ! dspjpegenc ! filesink location=test.jpg
Bug N2:
Code:
gst-launch v4l2src num-buffers=1 ! dspjpegenc encoding-quality=0-100! filesink location=test.jpg
tunes compression quality.

Setting
Code:
[imageenc]
element=dspjpegenc
encoding-quality=0-100
in gdigicam-camerabin.conf does NOT work(may be related to gdigicam packages)

Bug N3:
Setting
Code:
[filter-caps]
tab in gdigicam-camerabin.conf does NOT work(may be related to gdigicam packages) and I can't change the default pixel format (UYVY) to (better) YUY2

I can prove all these 3 bugs if needed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tanago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
As requested in http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...41#post1371341 I took not 1, but even 3 pictures with my N900 (CSSU Stable - 21.2011.38-1Smaemo6.1, kp52, camera-ui 1.1.29.1+0m5). Here are the pictures:All settings on "Auto", first two were made from 15-20 cm, third from ~30 cm.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
here is one taken with CSSU-T:

This was taken with stock camera but I also observed that there's a difference in the exposure of images with and without the fcam driver. There is a tendency for the images to overexpose when fcam is installed and the white balance also seems affected (in my own experience). I don't know how that affects stock camera behaviour/processing but that is what I observed which is somewhat reflected in the opinion of other people here. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1046

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
yup fcam drivers mess with camera its very annoying

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
I uninstalled the fcam and I still get slightly overexposed shots..
And when i try to underexpose a shot, the viewfinder gets black and the camera app turns off.
Any suggestions?
IF shots are needed I'll provide them.

PS I managed to get a few underexposed shots with Auto ISO but if i put ISO to 100, I get the problems mentioned above.
And I use my N900 for macro so it really is annoying to not have good contrast and blown out highlights.

EDIT: I'm using CSSU-Testing.

Last edited by Half-Life_4_Life; 2013-09-04 at 08:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
I uninstalled the fcam and I still get slightly overexposed shots..
And when i try to underexpose a shot, the viewfinder gets black and the camera app turns off.
Any suggestions?
You will need a reboot to properly clear out the fcam drivers.

In my experience the only ev failure is -0,5. iso 100 is very insensitive so the screen may look dark if lighting is sub-optimal. App closing not known to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
The reboot didn't solve anything (I rebooted it in the first place)
So I must underexpose almost all the time.
IT's ok if I don't change the ISO.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Did you get any change in exposure behaviour with the removal of blessn900/fcam? IOW are you saying changed but it still sucks or there is no difference at all.

The -0,5 ev failure was a biggie for me as IME it is the most used and so I use fcamera and blessn900 mostly.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
I didn't get any change whatsoever.
And the difference between -0.5 and -1 is really big.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle