Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Asha 501 has swipe. it shouldnt be difficult to put it on WP. But who really cares anyways. N9 was a good concept poorly executed. We will see if it is genetic or epigenetic for Jolla.

Well, I am just so much in love with Nokia hardware like the PureView Pro, PureMotion HD, Call and Connectivity, etc. I dont customize my phone very much and WP has almost all the native free apps I want like the Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, OALD etc

The only thing i dislike about WP is its button-based UI which wastes so much space and outdated!

Last edited by youmeego; 2013-09-01 at 16:15.

Yeah buttons are so 90's.

Every other OS is starting now to realize that swiping is the future.

iOS 7 supports swipe to go back across the system. More and more apps utilize swiping in UI.

BlackBerry 10 has somewhat refined MeeGo's swiping to the next level in many areas. Great swiping experience across the system, apps and keyboard yet not quite as "fun" as MeeGo.

Android umm... they don't quite seem to jump onto the swiping so much yet. In my eyes they are falling behind somewhat because of this. Software buttons/hardware buttons what's the difference really. The softbuttons takes away screen area.

WP doesn't have swipe either except swiping between settings pages and such. I doubt Nokia can include it in their phones. They don't have That much power over MS. It would require a complete rewrite of the OS code.

So yeah. Buttons are old. Swiping is the future. Nokia with the N9 was ahead of its time.