Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
R.I.P. Nokia...
This is a sad day for us in finland. Up to 5k people are going to lose jobs.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nokia bought by Microsoft. Done, deal.

Started a new thread right here.
Quoting Koushik Dutta on Google+:
Step 1) Send Microsoft sleeper agent, Stephen Elop, into Nokia
Step 2) Drive Nokia into the ground by going all in on Windows Phone
Step 3) Buy Nokia at discount

I think a LOT of people saw this coming the moment Nokia hired on a Microsoft moleman.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Finally the dead rat is pulled from behind the curtain.

On the plus side I doubt we will need to listen to Lumiaman's drivel any longer about how share price will reach $10 and all the rest of his bull while he drools over his precious.

What a waste, my thoughts to all the employees and families that have and will suffer at the hands of Elop.

Rgds

ps. I guess this thread is now superfluous.

I know a Russian mobile blogger and a Finnish telecom analyst that called this.

I know a bunch of tmo trolls that is standing quite naked and small now.

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Finally the dead rat is pulled from behind the curtain.

On the plus side I doubt we will need to listen to Lumiaman's drivel any longer about how share price will reach $10 and all the rest of his bull while he drools over his precious.

What a waste, my thoughts to all the employees and families that have and will suffer at the hands of Elop.

Rgds

ps. I guess this thread is now superfluous.
Well, the stock symbol itself hasn't been closed out quite yet since things aren't settled and done yet. I guess once that happens, we'll need a new Microsoft stock thread? That should probably be the next one up on the dead pool for bets on when it'll go out of business or get bought out.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Nokia keeps it's patents.
Jolla wins and Lameiaman loses again.

Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Nokia keeps it's patents.
Jolla wins and Lameiaman loses again.
If Microsoft has majority ownership of Nokia and takes away their CEO... but Nokia keeps the patents and mapping and so on... how does this NOT make it Microsoft's?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
If Microsoft has majority ownership of Nokia and takes away their CEO... but Nokia keeps the patents and mapping and so on... how does this NOT make it Microsoft's?
MS just bought the loss-making devices.
What's left, is the healthy NSN.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
MS just bought the loss-making devices.
What's left, is the healthy NSN.
Ehhh.. last time I looked, wasn't it the Asha stuff that was actually healthy? Even their patents and mapping weren't exactly money-making hits, or am I wrong? Is there any info on that?

NOK is up 42% in pre-market and MSFT is down 3%. "Well done, Stevie. Thanks Steve. Can I come home now?"

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha