Active Topics

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Deb works. Huge thanks!

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Ankara, Turkey
Thanks a lot, i was searching a solution for days, and now it's found

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
Hey, is it secure to install this .deb in case of an eventual official fix? Like the one with the Twitter client, in wich those who updated manually were affected once the fix officially came out for their distributions.

Thanks!!

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I get:

Aegis rejecting /home/user/MyDocs/.downloads/telepathy-gabble_0.12.6+0maemo12+0m7+nmu1_armel.deb: package 'telepathy-gabble' already installed from 'com.nokia.maemo' -- not replacing it from unknown origin
aegis aborting dpkg -- all listed package files rejected
Compilation failed in require.

or I get:
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'system-ui::/usr/share/sysuid/setup.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'system-ui::/usr/share/sysuid/root_helper.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'hack-installer::/usr/lib/hack-local-repo/gnupg.sh'
dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege
aegis-installing telepathy-gabble (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'system-ui::/usr/share/sysuid/setup.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'system-ui::/usr/share/sysuid/root_helper.sh'
aegis-loader: Failed loading policy for 'hack-installer::/usr/lib/hack-local-repo/gnupg.sh'

What I am doing wrong?

Originally Posted by Hambert View Post
Hey, is it secure to install this .deb in case of an eventual official fix? Like the one with the Twitter client, in wich those who updated manually were affected once the fix officially came out for their distributions.
It should be safe from that point of view, as any offical .deb will at least increase the "Debian" revision, so would be considered newer by the package system. That is the old Debian policy for non-maintainer-uploads.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mbanck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Confirm: deb file working fine, the method with replacement the binary not working.
Thanks you guys !

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
What I am doing wrong?
You need to use aegis install hack: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750

After you install that use aegis-dpkg -i

Last edited by Mikkosssss; 2013-09-08 at 21:36.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
let me know whether this is possible to install and/or works.
Yes it installs (via aegis-dpkg), and it does allow connect to facebook chat. But it does not import contacts.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brisbane, AU
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
FB working well.
Please define "working well". Because, for me, it connects fine, but don't get the contacts imported. Can you confirm that you do?

EDIT: Never mind. See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=1#post1373004

Last edited by SteveYoungs; 2013-09-08 at 22:54.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Ankara, Turkey
To install this i installed aegis-hack, debinstaller and coderus trusted reporsitory. Then i installed this patch. Everything worked well and facebook gets online again with contacts. But then i needed to install something from store but it gaves error something like that: The package is not compatible with the rest of softwares. (in turkish)

Then i opened terminal and tried apt-get update, it recommended me "apt-get install -f". I did, and it said need to remove 1 package named mp-harmattan-0?? something, i guess. I did remove, idiotly!

Then i opened store and install a package and everthing is gone! Phone is stuck now with a NOKIA logo. I'm gonna flash but i'm waiting for battery charges.

The Following User Says Thank You to srknbey For This Useful Post: