Closed Thread
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
this should be integrated as an shareui plugin also.
We don't use the same sharing UI stuff AFAIR. That one should probably be moved to nemomobile-graveyard. I'm not intimately familiar with the details, I'll try remember to ask someone to pop in here tomorrow with pointers to which code would be useful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
Right is Unified Massage Center and all IM clients must be integrated as telepathy plugin .. as is on N9. All is integrated to contact card, etc ..
Messaging in SF goes through Telepathy.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Text-size adjustment is shown at 3:41 in the video of https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ZbJmRWLQEMQ
Because it seems to be possible to adjust the font sizes individually for each of the five text sizes, this feature seems to be even better than in my dreams. Let's hope that this feature is left in the Jolla phone.
While I won't comment on features that may or may not be present now or in the future, the presentation from the video is not a feature. The application there is a testing ground/demonstration tool of sorts, the "components gallery", and the font sizings there were just for demonstration purposes to get a feel for what different text sizes feel like.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Messaging in SF goes through Telepathy.
any chance to get half-open, based on crippled XMPP stuff into the messaging app?
like a native messaging system working also as Whatsapp-client?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
any chance to get half-open, based on crippled XMPP stuff into the messaging app?
like a native messaging system working also as Whatsapp-client?
Similar disclaimers as usual about not commenting on possible or actual features, I will say this: our integration of anything which isn't an open service/open standards/is a brand is going to require communication, agreements and contracts with the people behind it. So using WhatsApp as an example, it wouldn't *just* be based about the technical possibilities as to whether or not we could include such a thing, even assuming we can polish the experience to a world class standard. They would also need to be OK with us doing that, on whatever terms they dictated.

That having been said: I don't think anyone would stop you from messing with something like this yourself. Quite the opposite.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
While I won't comment on features that may or may not be present now or in the future, the presentation from the video is not a feature. The application there is a testing ground/demonstration tool of sorts, the "components gallery", and the font sizings there were just for demonstration purposes to get a feel for what different text sizes feel like.
... and if I am correct App developers should prefer to only use the predefined sizes in the Theme component

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Maybe not really software related, but I do hope the Jolla phone will be more friendly to power from backup batteries, car chargers or solar powered chargers. I bought wonderful solar chargers from waka-waka.com. My N9 and N900 refuse to take more than a small drip, while a Samsung phone or a Garmin GPS charge normally. I even shorted one of my cables, and it didn't help. Dear people from Jolla, I will buy your phone anyway. But I do hope it will accept a solar charger!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Singapore
Here are the apps that I was not able to find on the master list on page 1 (or maybe I'm not searching the right text), and they definitely should be on the list. I hope to see them on Jolla someday :-).
  • video editor (should be as easy to use as iPhone's built-in video editor)
  • ebook reader with support for epub, Kindle (azw, kf8), lit, and mobi
  • comics reader with support for all the popular formats (cbr, cbz, cb7, cbt, cba)
  • WordNet dictionary
  • AED (Advanced English Dictionary), or something as polished as this Windows Phone app
  • CamScanner, Genius Scan, or something similar to take photos of documents, automatically color/contrast correct and align them, noise reduce, and convert them into PDFs
  • planetarium app similar to Google Sky Map
  • famous quotes/quotations app
  • IMDb client
  • Wikipedia client
  • Kayak client
  • Wego client
  • SkyDrive client
  • Google+ client
  • Google Hangouts client
  • LinkedIn client
  • Gmail client
  • Yahoo! Mail client
  • Tincore game keys mapper
  • Amazon store app
  • Craigslist app
  • Groupon app
  • clipboard manager app like Clipper+ or Android
  • bubble level app
  • SPL meter to accurately measure decibels
  • find-my-phone app using GPS with ability to remotely lock/wipe phone
  • 360 degree panoramic capture app similar to Photosynth

I apologize if any of these apps have already been mentioned deeper into this thread but did not make it onto the master list.

Cheers,
Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to 10basetom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
[*]Google+ client[*]Google Hangouts client
[
Cheers,
Tom

AFAIK there iust not even an open API by Google for this

Soo my guess is if u use that you have to use the android Apps.. (if google allows that)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Some good ones in your list above, but a lot of those are such that no "app" is really required, IMHO as they are really just broser frontends to a web service...?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
applications, fm transmiter, infrared led, sailfish