Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Herass them on Twitter?.. .. Do people actually have meaningful conversation on Twitter? I thought that is mainly a one way channel for jolla and others...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
We didn't harass them, certainly not for the longest time, but we did eventually get their attention, & they provided the relevant info.
If it weren't for persistence in communicating the quandary we were in, it's quite possible they may never have responded in kind.

Relax, by the way....
I found your communication with them on twitter to be extremely demanding in tone, often close to harassment, which is inappropriate in my opinion. As I said, they don't owe the maemo community anything.

If you refer to the info about the I2C-voltages/interrupt line in the above, I do not think they answered because of the drama, but because they liked the project, and were deciding it was safe to give out those specs. I guess they are reluctant with detailed specs because they are not 100% final yet, and announcing and changing afterwards does more damage than being vague until release.
I, for example, would really like to know if there will be USB-OTG, but I can imagine that it's, while technical possible, just not decided whether it's worth the additional cost for licensing etc., and that they can't state legally that something like on the n900, violating the USB specs, is possible.

I guess they don't have a huge bunch of lawyers sitting around, so keeping your mouth shut is the safest option. Pity for the community atm, but perfectly understandable.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Oblomow For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Oblomow View Post
I found your communication with them on twitter to be extremely demanding in tone, often close to harassment, which is inappropriate in my opinion. As I said, they don't owe the maemo community anything.
Well, that's like your opinion buddy, I don't share 1/10 of what I communicate to them here*, so it being linked to here is a total red-herring.
If you don't like my tone on Twitter, unfollow me, I'll respond in kind...

If you refer to the info about the I2C-voltages/interrupt line in the above, I do not think they answered because of the drama, but because they liked the project, and were deciding it was safe to give out those specs.
Precisely what I said, the drama is the part talked up by some like you, but in reality the situation was mostly communicated clearly & persistently.
With nary a hint of "drama" as you put it, & that's what eventually sunk in...

I guess they don't have a huge bunch of lawyers sitting around, so keeping your mouth shut is the safest option. Pity for the community atm, but perfectly understandable.
Yeah man, thanks for informing this poor clueless user, I'm so much more enlightened now...

*and the one controversial thing that was shared here, wasn't even shared by me

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-23 at 12:58.

Thanks for your respectful and very insightful answer. You have convinced me to not bother about your style of communication any more.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oblomow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Do people actually have meaningful conversation on Twitter?
Well, some people manage to have, some not.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Don't forget to add an appropriate gif to your argument!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Thanks for your respectful and very insightful answer. You have convinced me to not bother about your style of communication any more.
Speak in disrespectful/condescending tone, or like you're coming from a higher moral ground, then be prepared to get it returned...
Especially when the recipient is tired & not 100% chipper, & especially when you want to distil everything they've done/do down to; "being destructive", or "rude tone", or yadda-yadda.

Oh touche`, good for you man, you're doing so much more than anyone else, you're the best....

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-10-23 at 13:24.

Jolla ended-booking campaign and prepare for launch!!

https://twitter.com/JollaHQ

Last edited by _Routser; 2013-10-23 at 14:48. Reason: link

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
That is both true and false. The question is as always: who is the judge?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red