Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by plourde View Post
here is my log, thanks for the reply http://www.mediafire.com/?nn9mo0bgpv6esvn
Thanks. According to the log the kernel is loaded up fine, so problems are in the actual booting process.
This confirms that your configuration is OK.

So, you can boot other kernels, like "zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix" OK, only the kernel "zImage-2.6.32.61-plus_20131030" is failing?

Now, the most common problem I have seen with kernels that load correctly but fail to boot is some mixup with modules.
Are you sure that you ran "/sbin/depmod -a 2.6.32.61-plus" after extracting the modules to the device?
(you can check that, if you look in the directory "/lib/modules/2.6.32.61-plus/" you should have 110 modules, the files ending at ".ko" and 11 dependency files, starting with "modules."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Yes that is the command that I ran, I will try the process again, Thanks for the help I really appreciate it, I wish I were smarter to get this going, I will go through the steps again and post my results, Thanks so much

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the patience, I booted in, I am not sure what i did differently but i did the entire process again and it booted first time, Thanks again so much this is fantastic,

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Originally Posted by plourde View Post
Thanks for the patience, I booted in, I am not sure what i did differently but i did the entire process again and it booted first time, Thanks again so much this is fantastic,
Hi
I'm sorry if my English is bad and lack of my knowledge.

Did you rename kernel to zImage-2.32.61-plus?
I think the name of kernel (zImage-A) and folder of modules (A) must be same, but in current "kernel-plus-61-r2.tar.gz" those are different; Kernel name is zImage-2.32.61-plus_20131030 and modules folder name is 2.32.61-plus. I had deleted "_20131030" from kernel name at first and after that I tested it with Ubiboot and it worked . I didn't test it as it was extracted.

Last edited by hrbani; 2013-11-09 at 12:11.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Nope.
Modules folder (under /lib/modules/) needs to match to in-compiled kernel name string ('uname -r'). The name of the kernel image itself may be whatever you like (e.g. myFancyLittleSelfCompiledOne.kernel or something more meaningful ).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Anyone can help me repackage the opptimizer ui, so no need dependency for opptimizer??

The Following User Says Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
What does one actually gain with upgrading to this version of the kernel?
Yes, I've read the new features implemented on the 1st page, but it doesn't seem to change much on how my phone will work.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pishta74 View Post
What does one actually gain with upgrading to this version of the kernel?
Yes, I've read the new features implemented on the 1st page, but it doesn't seem to change much on how my phone will work.
Well, if you have no need for the new features then I guess all this is of fairly low priority to you. Some people like to use the alternate file systems provided, or need the NAT capabilities and so on...

If you use your device just with "regular applications" launching platform, like you'd use a dumbphone like iPhone or Lumia, then you do not need these things. Upgrading to the new kernel does not change your "user experience" at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Can you add
CONFIG_WL12XX_SDIO_TEST=m
(network 80211 configuration parameter)
to the power kernel ?
It seems this is what is needed to get injection working, together with either iwconfig or macchanger MAC.
I compiled it as a module to be able to test (able to load/unload) together with 80211 compiled as a module, like the power kernel.
I guess it could be compiled as 'y', but, I believe being able to load on need can save battery power

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, if you have no need for the new features then I guess all this is of fairly low priority to you. Some people like to use the alternate file systems provided, or need the NAT capabilities and so on...

If you use your device just with "regular applications" launching platform, like you'd use a dumbphone like iPhone or Lumia, then you do not need these things. Upgrading to the new kernel does not change your "user experience" at all.
I'm not using it as a dumb-phone, neither being a sceptic, just asking how it looks "at a glance". I don't really need "just" a phone with a different file system or iptables support. Wouldnt have anytnig against that 3.x kernel though
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to pishta74 For This Useful Post:

Tags
kernel-plus