Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Suppose we shall have to wait for the longer session to see what that means to those that have pre-ordered and live outside Finland

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Well the first Jolla phones will be sold at the shop on Helsinki and I assume later on online

Also Jolla.com looks really nice now, has specs and everything.
okok, I just want my preordered phone

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Er ... invitations to what? Go to Finland? or simply to confirm whether proceeding with order, and phone to be delivered shortly afterwards?
From what I understood, invitations to the launch event where it is possible to buy Jolla (I´m not sure whether you´re restricted to the number of phones you pre-ordered). He didn´t tell more about the delivery, at least yet. I hope he/they tell more in the next presentation.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jusE View Post
okok, I just want my preordered phone
Same here! I think it could be an exclusive deal with DNA.

We will sell your phone if we get the first exclusive sales!

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hmm. There will only be 450 phones available on 27th. I wonder how are they selecting those who get their phones? According to pre order number? 100€ Option?

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
That's really amazing! But weird that there are no infos about pre-order shippings. I mean I could go to Finland to pick it up... But a flight more expensive than the phone itself is a bit to much I hope us "FirstOnes" will get an update too - cause it was us who spend our money on Jolla back in May (at least those Euro100) and trusted them before we knew any details about the product...

So let's hope we'll hear something soon

Last edited by almamo; 2013-11-14 at 10:45.

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Hmm. There will only be 450 phones available on 27th. I wonder how are they selecting those who get their phones? According to pre order number? 100€ Option?
Where did you see that 450 phones being mentioned?
That's a shame if true.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ New Delhi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Perfect for me. At the moment in Tampere and should get back to capital area just day before.

Can't wait!

EDIT: Still waiting for a press release from Jolla.

This btw is Narinkkatori in Helsinki. Interesting to see just how many will be there that day!

http://www.e-architect.co.uk/images/...2s020709_3.jpg
Interesting!!! They picked the perfect spot for their sale... It's gonna be a freakish hell of a day at Helsinki!!

The Following User Says Thank You to dak_sriv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
The rest of Finland can get them instore in early December....

http://www.dna.fi/en/dnagroup/press/...er%202013.aspx

DNA to launch the world's first Jolla phones on 27 November 2013
Press release, November 14, 2013

Jolla and DNA have been working closely together for over a year. DNA has provided Jolla with a customer angle and contributed to the phone's development in a spirit of co-creation typical of Jolla. This cooperation will culminate in the launch of the world's first Jolla phone in late November.

Sales of the much-awaited Jolla phones will begin on 27 November 2013, when a pop-up DNA Kauppa shop will be selling them on Narinkkatori, central Helsinki, for a single evening.

"Being a Finnish operator, it has been very important to DNA to be able to support a Finnish success story, one in which we see great potential. People have been eagerly awaiting Jolla phones and their long wait will finally be rewarded in Helsinki on the 27th," says's DNA's Business Director Cedric Kamtsan.

The world's first Jolla phones will be primarily sold to those who have made a pre-booking, and they will be invited to the launch event. The first batch to be sold in the pop-up shop consists of 450 phones.

"Jolla has attracted an enormous amount of interest. Because the basic idea with Jolla is to develop the phone in co-creation spirit with the users, it seemed like the right thing to offer the first phones to those who had displayed an interest in them as soon as the first phones become available," Mr Kamtsan continues.

"DNA has been effectively collaborating with us by bringing in an important consumer perspective into the product development. As the first Jolla phone is about to be launched, everything is ready to make the consumers involved. The launch does not mark the end to product development, it goes on in cooperation with the consumers,” says Jolla's CEO Tomi Pienimäki.

Consumers have been able to pre-book Jolla phones since May 2013, with thousands of Finns already having booked. The lucky first will get their phone on 27 November at the launch and the rest soon after - all who made a pre-booking will be contacted. Jolla phones will be available to others at DNA Kauppa outlets in early December.

DNA is the operator with exclusive right to sell Jolla phones in Finland.

Jolla is powered by Sailfish OS, a truly open and distinct mobile operating system. Navigate effortlessly with the gesture-based user interface and load the phone with top Android (TM) apps. More information on Jolla at www.jolla.com.

More information:
Cedric Kamtsan, Business Director, DNA Ltd, tel. +358 44 906 2377, cedric.kamtsan@dna.fi
Jolla media contact: press@jolla.com
DNA Corporate Communications, tel. +358 44 044 8000, viestinta@dna.fi

DNA Ltd is a Finnish telecommunications company providing high-quality, state-of-the-art voice, data, and TV services to private customers and corporations. DNA’s 3G network reaches five million Finns and is constantly expanding, and the 4G networks are reaching new cities and urban areas all the time. In 2012, DNA recorded a turnover of EUR 769 million and an operating profit of EUR 56 million. DNA Ltd has more than 3 million mobile communications and fixed network customers. DNA and WELHO are registered trademarks of DNA Ltd. The Group includes also DNA Kauppa, the largest operator retail chain in Finland. For more information, please visit www.dna.fi.

About Jolla: Jolla Ltd., headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, is developing mobile devices and the open operating system, Sailfish, based on the heritage of MeeGo project. In addition to its R&D sites in Helsinki and Tampere, Jolla has offices in Hong Kong. Please see jolla.com/press for further press and media materials.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Where did you see that 450 phones being mentioned?
That's a shame if true.
Could find it only in Finnish

http://www.dna.fi/DNAOy/Media/Tiedot...t27112013.aspx

"Maailman ensimmäiset Jolla-puhelimet myydään ensisijaisesti ennakkovaraajille, jotka saavat kutsun lanseeraustapahtumaan. Narinkkatorin pop-up DNA Kauppaan myyntiin tuleva ensierä koostuu 450 puhelimesta."

ROUGHLY translated: " Worlds first Jolla phones will be sold firstly to preorderers, who will receive invitation to the launch event. Batch of 450 phones are availeble at Narikkatorin pop-up DNA shop.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red