Active Topics

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Actually it's not, you can download an app every 5 minutes.., seal the leaks.. and with every OS update you need to remember how you rooted the thing, brain exercise plenty. You can upgrade every 6 months to a faster hardware , flatter phone, bigger touch screen with higher res and add 2 CPU cores.
You can study how to make payments in the store without revealing your identity and link it to your location and that of your family.. it is just so much more fascinating than waiting 2 more weeks for Jolla arrive
meh I used it for 6 months. Was so unbelievably boring. Getting new hardware doesn't excite me, since that's what my PC is for. I'd rather wait the two weeks lol

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=LordSnick;1386775]
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So when is the endof preorder period for jolla? They stated priorety number will be sent after that in there receipt. Surely it must be over soon.

QUOTE]

Got the same mail.

The webpage says this.. so..nothing then?

http://harikkeinter.net/jolla.png
Hi Svein.

10 char
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
from those videos I seem to feel they should only let Mark Dillon do PR stuff, I get he isn't the CEO, but he has charisma and from what I can tell true passion about the product. Tomi Pienimäki may have the same but he just can't seem to deliver it as his english doesn't seem all amazing. Just my two cents.
We're all rowing on the same boat in the same direction at the end of the day. Some of us have strengths in different areas to others, but so long as we're all helping pull together, that's what's important.

I am very glad to have both Marc and Tomi onboard.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
We're all rowing on the same boat in the same direction at the end of the day. Some of us have strengths in different areas to others, but so long as we're all helping pull together, that's what's important.

I am very glad to have both Marc and Tomi onboard.
its just what I saw on stage tbh, for all i know Tomi could be one hell of a business man, but on stage Marc just seems more comfortable. A steve jobs type of guy.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Got an invite.

No way I'm traveling to Helsinki mid-week for a phone.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-11-16 at 00:12.

Nobody wants to fly to Finland for a phone~
Buy me a ticket and I'll be glad to go

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Turns out there was very little truth to the multi-million dollar backing, if any... :-(
http://gigaom.com/2013/11/15/remembe...ng-about-that/
It was originally explained as not being lump/upfront funding, instead something that was phased & conditional, but apparently even that's not true.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-16 at 05:00.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by LordSnick View Post
So when is the endof preorder period for jolla? They stated priorety number will be sent after that in there receipt. Surely it must be over soon.
Got the same mail.

The webpage says this.. so..nothing then?

http://harikkeinter.net/jolla.png
This is the priority number, at least that's what I've been told by Carol

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So order number is priority number?

When you get the receipt you got your order number too. But it also said you would get the priority number after preorder period.

Order number can't be priority number. Carol has trolled you...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-16 at 07:42.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
So order number is priority number?

When you get the receipt you got your order number too. But it also said you would get the priority number after preorder period.

Order number can't be priority number. Carol has trolled you...
But if you want to change your shipping address, they'd ask for the order ID, which is this one. So they're counting on it. Probably the priorities are categorized by the order ID. Maybe they didn't give us the priority number but it's the order ID that's categorized with a priority...

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red