Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
Here's one (why I haven't looked at the syslog yet, I can only explain with 'whoops'). Can't tell exactly where it happens as I forgot to get the time, but it was definitely within this (could be line 13 onwards? Certainly after this you can see apps exiting/restarting)
This could propably be around the start of installer (package manager):
Code:
Nov 17 18:13:10 (2013) pkgmgrd[8477]: GLIB MESSAGE default - ASSUME NETWORK 0

This sounds like it could have something to do with the phenomenon:
Code:
Nov 17 18:13:59 (2013) applauncherd[5028]: Daemon: State file not on aegis protected file system, exiting.

If that is related, then the problms are indeed caused by some aegis mismatch.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
This sounds like it could have something to do with the phenomenon:
Code:
Nov 17 18:13:59 (2013) applauncherd[5028]: Daemon: State file not on aegis protected file system, exiting.
Well, that's interesting. Google brings up some seemingly-relevant code.

It looks to me (note: I don't know C++) that after an installation is complete, applauncherd attempts to reload its previous state.

/var/run/applauncherd (which contains the state file, /var/run/applauncherd/saved-state) is checked as to whether it's an aegisfs mountpoint first. Somehow/somewhere, this fails, causing applauncherd to exit.

Well, that would explain why there's only a problem in openmode. What I don't understand is why this problem doesn't happen all the time, and not for all openmode users.

Also possibly useful: aegis_system_mode_t, aegis_crypto_verify_aegisfs

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
Well, that's interesting. Google brings up some seemingly-relevant code.

It looks to me (note: I don't know C++) that after an installation is complete, applauncherd attempts to reload its previous state.

/var/run/applauncherd (which contains the state file, /var/run/applauncherd/saved-state) is checked as to whether it's an aegisfs mountpoint first. Somehow/somewhere, this fails, causing applauncherd to exit.

Well, that would explain why there's only a problem in openmode. What I don't understand is why this problem doesn't happen all the time, and not for all openmode users.

Also possibly useful: aegis_system_mode_t, aegis_crypto_verify_aegisfs

Good catch that

Now as I check that, it is indeed in the non-closed part of harmattan, distributed as applauncherd_3.0.3+0m8.tar.gz on the PR1.3 cdrom.
What this means, is that it can be fixed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,701 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@juiceme i think we need to make ubibootctl cli-tool with
--add-kernel=/path/to
--remove-kernel=/path/to
--type=harmattan|nemo|android|sailfish
--refresh
options. this tool should automatically add kernel path to active .conf file and set init options to it or remove kernel from config. then we can easily pack kernels to deb archive and use ubibootctl in postinst and prerm scripts =)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Good catch that

Now as I check that, it is indeed in the non-closed part of harmattan, distributed as applauncherd_3.0.3+0m8.tar.gz on the PR1.3 cdrom.
What this means, is that it can be fixed

Allright, I recompiled "/usr/lib/applauncherd/libapplauncherd.so" with the slightest possible modification, just set the debug flags on so that it will not die on the aegis conflict.

Please try the new library (md5sum=238b47681749eb2bf78a819ac6bb42f7) and see if it makes any difference for you

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Please try the new library (md5sum=238b47681749eb2bf78a819ac6bb42f7) and see if it makes any difference for you
Thanks. Well, no crashes yet. However, there also hasn't been any note of the conflict in the syslog, so I can't tell if the bug just hasn't happened yet - stupid unreliable bugs

Will keep checking after installs etc. Anyone else having this problem, now is probably the time to test!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Allright, I recompiled "/usr/lib/applauncherd/libapplauncherd.so" with the slightest possible modification, just set the debug flags on so that it will not die on the aegis conflict.

just overwrite original one?

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
just overwrite original one?
That's what I did. Or actually, to make it safe I first copied the old library off just in case it would not work with the new one.

Code:
~ $ devel-su 
Password: 

BusyBox v1.20.0.git (MeeGo 3:1.20-0.2+0m8) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ # 
~ # cp /usr/lib/applauncherd/libapplauncherd.so /root/libapplauncherd.so.backup
~ # cp /root/libapplauncherd.so /usr/lib/applauncherd/libapplauncherd.so
~ #

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Awesome!
And I thought this was a legit Harmattan bug - it was getting annoying!

I wonder how deep Aegis is embedded into the system, and whether we can just stub it out/remove it completely from libs?