Posts: 34 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Bulgaria - Vidin
Talking about n800 I have totally no idea what of this will work and what not.
I understand that this image is not end user ready but I uploaded it just to show that the overall idea is cool. I have made some improvements and plan to upload a more polished image soon. Ideas for applications to be included or everything else are appreciated.

To get wireless going:
ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 essid xxxx
iwconfig wlan0 key xxxxxxxxxx
(then you can start wifi-radar and select your network)
wifi-radar

At least this is what I've found works.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Germany / Bochum
Is there any way to calibrate the touchscreen ?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Belgium
This is very promising. Has anyone got wpa-psk to work?

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
There is a patch here: https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/c...er/000005.html

I've tested this on an N800 under Debian and I can use it with my WPA-PSK wireless network. Also, Kismet continues to work just fine with this patch.

Originally Posted by apple2 View Post
Talking about n800 I have totally no idea what of this will work and what not.
I understand that this image is not end user ready but I uploaded it just to show that the overall idea is cool. I have made some improvements and plan to upload a more polished image soon. Ideas for applications to be included or everything else are appreciated.
Hey this Image is really cool. I now have a little EEE-Nokia 770 . I hope you continue your work.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Knightdale, NC
Can we get installation and setup steps for dummies

ok - I read the installation instructions (http://linserver.no-ip.biz/index.php...d/installation), but what if you have a PC?

Last edited by dburr10085; 2008-02-06 at 20:13.

Great job apple2.

Just tried it yesterday on my 770. It was somewhat slow, but I can live with that.

I recall another member asking you how to go about getting your own debian for the IT. I also recall another member providing some vague instructions about debootstrapping it. I tried using the ARM SID installer with qemu with no joy. Would you mind sharing some info here?

cheerio and keep it up!

U

PD: /* edit */ I managed to get debian up and running, but only in qemu. I'm guessing that what I'm missing here is info on booting your bran new debian on the IT. I'm currently looking at the image your provided to see if I can figure it out.

Last edited by ulises; 2008-02-19 at 15:49.

Hi there chaps,

So, I tried following the "how I did it" part of the guide for getting Debian on the N8xx (http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...p?title=Debian) and I can say that it worked. Just finished the debootstrapping and I have connected to my IT through usb+telnet.

BTW, I own a 770 in case you were wondering

Cheers!

U

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
ulises: Great to hear that it helped someone! If you come up with *anything* that's different on the 770 vs the N800 please consider adding it to the wiki. Don't worry about fancy formatting...just having the information up will help lots of people! If you need any help, please feel free to ask me. I'm also on #maemo with the same name. Good luck!

-John