Active Topics

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
how is the call quality?
I have still had only one phone call after buying it Call quality was fine on that call. It is not statistically any meaningful result. I think voice was somehow more natural than with n900/n9. I don't know why it felt that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I am just asking....give me an independent review. the regular reviewers have said nothing about Jolla
Plenty of independent reviews on Finnish sites. The Jolla people are in London at the moment, I guess we can expect a few reviews shortly.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Where the f*ck is my friggin' QWERTY other half???
Or, waiting for a proper qwerty other half, did anybody try to connect one of those bluetooth add-on keyboards made for the iThing and the likes?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
I would like to hear opinion from people who work for Jolla on why low-power-screen cannot make it to the productive device..

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
The device should likely have also a serial console to fix serious scr*w-ups .
Apart of the contacts near the SIM-card, is there anything else than may look like an exposed connector, perhaps even under the battery?

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Could anyone share graphic elements from SailfishOS?

Can anyone post the user agent of the Sailfish browser please? I should be in theory available if you open about:support from the address bar.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Here is my thoughts after one day use:

- UI is better than harmattan. It takes little while to get use to gestures but after that it feels much more natural to use than N9.

- Harmattan Feed/Event page is better in harmattan than in Sailfish. I would like to see Facebook and RSS feeds from feed/event page like in N9.

-No Internet sharing. I hope that Jolla adds internet sharing soon to Sailfish.

To sum up: Sailfish/Jolla feels better to use than harmattan/N9
but lacks some features.

Owner of #166 Jolla

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Papru For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by att View Post
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
how is the call quality?
I have still had only one phone call after buying it Call quality was fine on that call. It is not statistically any meaningful result. I think voice was somehow more natural than with n900/n9. I don't know why it felt that.
I can also agree to the pretty nice call quality. Just this morning tested it with few calls.
  • Voice quality is very natural, as is to be expected on any modern phone I guess.
  • Earpiece volume is much better than in N9 which is really low and quite often annoyingly so. However when compared to Lumia 520, for example the volume does not go that high. (520 has the loudest earpiece volume I know of, it can really blow your eardrums off)
  • The people at the other end also reported that voice quality was good

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Guys what to do, I got till 2nd of December(Monday) to decide about my pre-order.

And I don't know should I wait until after new year or buy it now!

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience