Posts: 27 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Arctic Circle
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Is the "Other half" working nicely for everyone?

I have not been able to use the First one or the snow white even for one single time! Every time I change them, it recognizes them and asks if I want to use/install it. I try this and always get some ambience error with the Store.

Yeas, the store it self work for me and I have rebooted the device.

Any hints?
My problem exactly. From the day one haven't been able to use the Ambiances from both of TOHs.
They install, and show in My apps, but are not usable in Ambiances. Tried uninstalling, and rebooting many tmes. Also Store works, and have jolla-account.
I made service request (at jolla.zendesk.com) of this on 1st of Dec, but no reply from Jolla as of yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjaone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
Plugged my jolla into my mac. It must be detected because dropbox pops up and offers to upload my photos.

But the phone and the micro SD don't appear in finder. That's a lot of a problem as my music is all in itunes on the mac

Is there any way to see the SD card in the phone - not seen a file manager in the Jolla store, so assume I need an android one
Seems Apple does not support most standard USB gadgets. Horndis (http://joshuawise.com/horndis) can be used to get access to the developer mode rndis network. So you can copy stuff over with scp/sftp. MTP however seems to be a total disaster. It seems the last incarnation of OS X also broke the Android/Google MTP app that might work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Quick test of browser opening speed Jolla vs N9

Opening that same page (screen bookmark on the N9 and Last opened Page on the Jolla)
On a decent LAN opening the same page with no other apps open
Jolla 17secs : N9 20secs
Not particularly scientific but it does bear our my impression that the Jolla is a lot quicker and smoother in general usage.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
Edit: (And you probably can escape to the root directory of Jolla by similar commands but I haven't tested this. There is danger that you can brick your Jolla with escaping to root and then going around and fiddling, especially if the permissions and priviledges are not right.)
Is it necessary to fiddle with usb to get to the filesystem? Isn't it possible to simply scp over wlan?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by jjaone View Post
My problem exactly. From the day one haven't been able to use the Ambiances from both of TOHs.
They install, and show in My apps, but are not usable in Ambiances. Tried uninstalling, and rebooting many tmes. Also Store works, and have jolla-account.
I made service request (at jolla.zendesk.com) of this on 1st of Dec, but no reply from Jolla as of yet.
I had a different problem in that ONLY the TOH ambiences were showing and I lost the stock ones, which I prefer, in particular Grassroot.

The only way I got them back was a full reset!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by evk View Post
Is it necessary to fiddle with usb to get to the filesystem? Isn't it possible to simply scp over wlan?
If you have developer mode and remote ssh enabled, you can use ssh/scp/sftp.

Originally Posted by jjaone View Post
I have same issue. Phone doesn't seem to recognise the other half.it has installed the white ambience, so must have recognised it once. That said I can't find it anywhere to activate it (though I admit I haven't tried hard)
Jolla #272

The Following User Says Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
Seems Apple does not support most standard USB gadgets. Horndis (http://joshuawise.com/horndis) can be used to get access to the developer mode rndis network. So you can copy stuff over with scp/sftp. MTP however seems to be a total disaster. It seems the last incarnation of OS X also broke the Android/Google MTP app that might work.
Yes I saw that. I *can* do command line, but I'd really prefer not to have to as I'm now hugely behind with work due to an excursion to Finland:-)
Jolla #272

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Maybe someone like this

Not so bad

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by richardyates View Post
I have same issue. Phone doesn't seem to recognise the other half.it has installed the white ambience, so must have recognised it once. That said I can't find it anywhere to activate it (though I admit I haven't tried hard)
Go to Gallery app. Select Ambience. Select an ambience and tap star to fill it and then tap save (or go forward by pulling to the left).

Last edited by att; 2013-12-05 at 10:27.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience