Active Topics

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
It is after all a Beta OS. I was happy to sign up knowing that
I don't recall knowing that back in May/June, actually. Describing the OS as 'beta' was a much later change to the publicly available technical specifications. It wasn't until the major redesign of the website, near the beginning of November, that the specifications showed it was going to be a beta.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
I don't recall knowing that back in May/June, actually. Describing the OS as 'beta' was a much later change to the publicly available technical specifications. It wasn't until the major redesign of the website, near the beginning of November, that the specifications showed it was going to be a beta.
True, I was happy when it was announced and I should say I would have been happy had i know whne placing my pre-order.

I have two other decent fully operational phones but have never once considered going back to either of them. Sure there are bugs and issues but for me the phone is ultimately usable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
First SailfishOS update is rolled out at the moment, update your devices guys!

And tell us the changes

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
First SailfishOS update is rolled out at the moment, update your devices guys!

And tell us the changes
If there is an official changelog, that'd be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
If there is an official changelog, that'd be greatly appreciated!
https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...er/001693.html

edit: Stskeeps had already posted that...

Last edited by Eztran; 2013-12-09 at 15:09.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
About this issue with deleting mails:

I don't yet have a Jolla phone, so my question might not make sense at all, but: Usually with POP3 accounts there's settings like "leave messages on server yes/no" and "deleting mails will also delete them from server".

Are there such settings on the jolla phone? If so, what are yours? If no, what is the default jolla uses?
Leave messages on server is different from normal delete, that means that messages will be immediately deleted after being retrieved by a client, you should never enable this if you want to read your email in multiple clients, this is normally a server side setting only, some clients do have it as well.

Regarding to delete some clients offer also options, like never delete from server or delete when user deletes from inbox, from previous experiments we found this is quite confusing for users, also the way POP works is not easy to understand for many users, so our implementation works like IMAP, if you delete from a inbox folder it moves the message to the device trash(local only, since POP only has inbox folder), if you delete from trash it removes from the server, but currently there's a bug that's why the inconsistent behavior described by bockersjv is happening, I already fixed it and will be offered in future update, sorry for the inconvenience.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Downloaded and upgrade installing. Got a store error on first attempt to download. I assume that was a concurrent user issue.

Update

All done, can't say there are any real visual differences. As the changelog says this is for stability and UI issue fixes.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2013-12-09 at 16:18.

Update images:-
Before:

During:
After:

Last edited by bockersjv; 2013-12-09 at 20:30.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Really cool download screen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Are text messages, contacts, documents etc still indexed by tracker? And is there a global search interface, like there is on the N9 (and Symbian/N95)? I actually like that functionality.
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
No. Such a thing is a large can of worms (hard to do, hard to do performantly). If you ever experienced smartsearch sucking up your battery on the N9, that's why.

This doesn't mean it won't ever happen, but it isn't there now.
Please, don't.

Last edited by Hariainm; 2013-12-09 at 17:53.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience