Active Topics

Wow, once again, good to know.
I will try the BackupMenu in mass storage mode.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Force fsck on boot was either added or removed in CSSU, don't remember which. Anyway, it is functionally the same (as it runs the same binary) as running fsck from BackupMenu. The fsck we have on our N900s is ancient and, in my experience at least, tends to break more things in an attempt to fix them, which is why I wouldn't recommend it. YMMV.
It was disabled in one place (in CSSU), but left on another one :| Can't give details, as I edited it out from both scripts long before CSSU did.

Vanilla fsck *definitely* screw things up in cause of any serious filesystem issues, as it segfaults during e2fsck 2nd pass, just after vivisecting filesystem into basic components. So, anything requiring at least 2 passes doesn't work (usually, only thing that work is [from] journal recovery).

Anyway, in CSSU-devel, there are updated e2fsck tools, that are working OK: Having those installed helps greatly, as it allow to run fsck from backupmenu and repair things, without nuking your filesystem. Using it happily here.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Anyway, in CSSU-devel, there are updated e2fsck tools, that are working OK
Thanks for the tip, Estel. I didn't know that since I do not use devel regularly, although I do occasionally install or upgrade selected packages from there. I am upgrading e2fsprogs (that's the one you mean, right?) as we speak.

By the way, I heard that a power users kernel might make some drivers unstable (like the camera one, etc.). What do you think?

I'd like to get USB host capabilities and many more things.