Active Topics

I got a Toshiba 64gb sd card for my 808 after my SanDisk card crapped out after a few weeks.... The Toshiba was a good choice

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
And one from my side: the cause of this has been identified and fixed (we hope!) - now pending release in a future update.
Happy to hear, more puzzled why it didn't go off at all today
Jolla #272

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
I read here

https://plus.google.com/116901758143...ts/3pPG3D4z4Vt

that Sailfish is using kcalcore and calligra... I kind of expected a calligra based document viewer, given its history in Maemo and Harmattan... but it is nice if this means calendars can be shared easily with KDEPim.

This would be a nice way to collaborate with other existing open free software.
I wonder why this work has not received more publicty.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
For the time being I am getting around the mac connectivity question by using the android dropbox app. That does find the photos and uploads them with no issues

Must say I find some of the logic on sailbox rather confusing, and in particular apps install fine when using the android dropbox client, in sailbox you seem to have to download them, after which I can't find them. The whole idea of a transfer box seems unnecessarily difficult to me
Jolla #272

The Following User Says Thank You to richardyates For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
I will try another formulation - from what I've read "to use XPrivacy with the XPosed Framework you'd normally have to root the phone first".
How does this work on Sailfish with AlienDalvik as it's Android simulation?
Answers from theory/knowledge/try outs are very welcome.
Thanks
Originally Posted by Philippe View Post
I would say you don't need to care about rooting as you have root on your Jolla.
Thanks for your reply!
XPrivacy and XPosed Framework would be installed for/on android for a full android app control.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
I'd appreciate this functionality also. The globe button appears to be gray and not functional on my phone. For some reason facebook icon in precence details is always gray, whereas gtalk stays green. I'm in home wlan and facebook is logged in. Anyone else having same problem?
Have you gone to the notifications screen and used the pulley menu to select show "presence details"

You can then click on the facebook and gtalk icons and chose the status from Available, Away, Busy, Hidden and Offline. There are also the three quicklinks at the top which should set all the message apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
Do you have the latest version of iPhoto? Because mine isn't the latest and I can't get it to recognize any pictures taken with Jolla.
Yes, on Mavericks.

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Have you gone to the notifications screen and used the pulley menu to select show "presence details"

You can then click on the facebook and gtalk icons and chose the status from Available, Away, Busy, Hidden and Offline. There are also the three quicklinks at the top which should set all the message apps.
Yes I tried that, resetting them all to offline and back to available will only bring the two gtalk accounts online, but not facebook. Doing the same individually to facebook works neither.

Edit. The facebook account has signed off when watching from the account settings. It has done so a few times now, entering username and password gets me online again. But this problem has occurred two times nowhoping for a fix at some point

Last edited by _Routser; 2013-12-12 at 14:37.

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Maybe no-brainer for some, but tried anyway with 50/50 exceptation:
Plug USB-cable to netbook running Ubuntu 13.04: not possible to use Jolla's 3G-network.

On N9 plugging the USB-cable to the same PC network "just works" without further settings.
I have no idea which N9 you have, but mine does not support anything like that. I always have to use the wifi hotspot.

Otoh it is already clarified in this thread how to set up such a connection. Moreover it is a feature that will come with an update in the future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:
I want it now

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience