Active Topics

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Support for what?
Support for mass storage, transfering files.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to make it a bit more informative in there future if I just have some free time some day... have been quite busy lately
I think its a marvellous effort. I just know my way around the android app. The android app for example lets me one-touch install an apk - I tap on it and it installs. Sailbox requires firstly a transfer into the transfer box and on downloading seems to do nothing with the same file, until I spent some time, I didn't know where it had gone (entirely my fault I recognise)

That sounds like huge criticism and please don't think it is. Probably its been too long since I played with harmattan for real and so I'm looking at it all wrong. I have no background in programming *at all* and I can tell it has had a lot of love to get that far, I just think with what looks to me as a small bit of tweaking it could be so much better so please take this is constructive criticism - I'm very happy to help as much as I can
Jolla #272

My alarm clock woes continue

The alarm is set to go off each day at 6:44 (OK it says 7:44 but we have covered that)

On screen it shows me 07:44 under which there are 5 illuminated lines, then a gap then 2 dark lines (sorry not got chance to screenshot and in a hurry)

Yesterday and today the alarm hasn't gone off at all - it is definitely supposed to go off every day - can you feed that one back too?
Jolla #272

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
How to transfer Google contacts to jolla?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
This. Thanks for beating me to the punch.

I get no iPhoto support - in fact, I welcome the lack of support for that application.

But as it stands, it seems as if you cannot use the Jolla phone for mass storage nor transferring unless you (perhaps) mount via terminal and/or sftp/scp over anything to it. And I say perhaps because it's not been confirmed as fully working in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
How to transfer Google contacts to jolla?
when you create google account on device, there is sync option on there, it syncs contacts from server side to device. Currently there is only one way sync, hopefully in future it syncs both ways.

And hackish alternative way with developermode, you can export all contacs as one big vcf from google mail, and you can run as nemo "invoker --type=generic vcardconverter bigfile.vcf" which will import all the contacts into the device.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-12-13 at 13:47.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Jolla phone doesn't show up in Finder on OSX for me. I haven't yet tried to solve the issue with terminal.

But Im running a triple booting hackintosh machine (OSX, Win8, Linux). Could be somekind of quirk caused by not running an official Apple machine, altough all other mass storage USB devices work no problem in OSX for me.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Jolla phone doesn't show up in Finder on OSX for me. I haven't yet tried to solve the issue with terminal.

But Im running a triple booting hackintosh machine (OSX, Win8, Linux). Could be somekind of quirk caused by not running an official Apple machine, altough all other mass storage USB devices work no problem in OSX for me.
I truly doubt that's the problem. Even most Hackintosh's have no problem mounting even the most difficult of things - trust me, even though I run authentic Apple devices, I've built quite a few for others and they all worked with whatever I threw at them.

Even my N9. This is something different it seems.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
On my OS X, (mavericks of course) I can see saved images from Jolla through Image Capture app, but not camera photos. iPhoto doesn't show anything at all. Granted my iPhoto isn't the very latest version.

Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
Again. Atm we do not support mass storage. Only MTP. This is due to a huge number of technical issues with mass storage that are not easy to deal with/solve. Even android dropped mass-storage in favour of MTP.

OS X does support rndis with the horndis driver an then you can transfer files over sshfs/scp/sftp

And this was not a question of not supporting OS X, this is rather OS X being broken. Afaik one of the only working mtp transfer programs (android file transfer) also got recently broken by Apple. So in short it is rather Apple making support impossible.

However as stated some kind of mass-storage support might come. Exporting the SD-card or a virtual fs on the device.

Note: The device might sometimes claim to be an EMPTY mass-storage device. This is a trick to make sure it charges correctly if no enumeration happens otherwise. This happens when you select charging only, or do not make a choice when the USB selection menu pops up.

Last edited by Philippe; 2013-12-13 at 13:57.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Philippe For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience