Active Topics

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That would be nice, since I do not speak chinese.
If you could do translation of the documentation, that would be beautiful

As for the texts in the ubiboot itself, the menu symbols are graphic, just easy to change if anybody wants to do that, as well as the info panel that is accessed by the "i" button on the menu, that's easy also.

It is more difficult to change the error messages and such, as I think there's not chinese font for text2screen that I am using to write that text.
It could be possible to replace at least the boot error texts with pictures... yes that is doable!
great job! I cant wait to do it. which of the files do i need to download? and what do i need to do if i finish the translation?

The Following User Says Thank You to FotixChiang For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by farfary View Post
hi juiceme
your message box in maemo.org is full ?
can i contact you ?
thanks for reserved icon in ubiboot
i need some help for add backup menu in ubiboot
Yes, so many people have tried to send mail to me, and mailbox only holds 300 messages
I'll try to empty it...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by FotixChiang View Post
great job! I cant wait to do it. which of the files do i need to download? and what do i need to do if i finish the translation?
Well, as I'd say, maybe getting documentation translated to chinese would be most important, but how to express that, what character set is used? Unicode propably.
The README file is the definitive documentation.

As for the info and error messages, here are the english texts which could be translated in chinese:

Welcome to N9 Ubiboot ver. 0.3.5
(Boot loader is based on MOSLO ver.0.0.13.1)

Please run a maintanance boot

eMMC device not found!

Booting to default OS unsuccessful!

Cannot find default OS loadscript!

Unable to load the USB modules!

Partitons exported successifully via USB

Configured 192.168.2.14 on USB

Setting IP address failed!

Boot configuration not found!

Boot menu archive not found!

Version mismatch in configuration files!

Boot OS/kernel selection failed!

Animated boot menu script not found!

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@taixzo
If you choose the hard way by creating extended partition, then you should know where your OS should go.
Please check for p5 and/or p6 then (of course).

--
Oh, and if your nemo/sailfish is really on p2, then your harmattan needs also adaptation (as said before) ...
I already fixed my harmattan, but I don't know what I need to change in ubiboot.conf to change where it checks for OSs. They all seem to be set to the same partition by default.

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I already fixed my harmattan, but I don't know what I need to change in ubiboot.conf to change where it checks for OSs. They all seem to be set to the same partition by default.
In each OS section of ubiboot.conf you have the key G_OSx_PARTITION which describes the partition that contains the kernlels. As it happens, each OS is also launched as that partition set to the root device.

So, if for example you have your ALT_OS on your partition 2, you would want to set G_OS<whatever>_PARTITION="2"

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
In each OS section of ubiboot.conf you have the key G_OSx_PARTITION which describes the partition that contains the kernlels. As it happens, each OS is also launched as that partition set to the root device.

So, if for example you have your ALT_OS on your partition 2, you would want to set G_OS<whatever>_PARTITION="2"
Ok. I set them all to the one they're on and now Nemo is working, but Nitdroid and Firefox OS are still not. Do they have something else I need to change?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
preinits should be placed correctly

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Yes, it seems that 80% of the boot problems people have is due to missing the preinits.
I did put the harmattan preinit in the sailfish-preconfigured packet and I am seriously considering that maybe I should put those also to the mainline package and release it as a fix...

I still have my Nitdroid and FFOS preinits in /sbin/. I would imagine that ubiboot should be able to find them, as they are in the same folder as the Nemo preinit, which is working.

Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I still have my Nitdroid and FFOS preinits in /sbin/. I would imagine that ubiboot should be able to find them, as they are in the same folder as the Nemo preinit, which is working.
I do not understand what you mean by Nemo preinit??
Nemo (Like SailfishOS) do not use /sbin/preinit* on the Harmattan root partition, instead they use /sbin/init from their own partition...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: